BigBro

Dru

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the only one I own. The #5 camalot will cover anything smaller. I've only placed it like 3 times, but it's one of those "when you need it, you REALLY need it" deals. After all, I'm not Chuck Pratt. I bought it after I almost soiled my drawers on Kor-Ingalls when I liebacked the OW section and almost pitched trying to get back in the squeeze chimney.

quote:

Originally posted by willstrickland:
I bought it after I almost soiled my drawers on Kor-Ingalls when I liebacked the OW section and almost pitched trying to get back in the squeeze chimney.

Didn't want to fall on that shaky green alien ten feet below? That OW on Kor-Ingalls is a right of passage for climbers bro. Its funny if you do the east chimneys route on Castleton one of the belays is directly across from that crux section on Kor-Ingalls and while your belaying you can listen through the rock to people cuss, freak out, and shit their pants as they go through that OW [laf]

Actually SpecEd, I think you're talking the North Chimneys. When I was meeting god on K-I, my bros Jim and Benji were on the NC's. While I was struggling to pull into the squeeze after the constriction (just below the dreaded OW) Jim sounded like he was right next to me. I was grunting, cussing, and generally making a ruckus. He was over there laughing his ass off.

You're right, it's definitely a rite of passage, I was a fledgling 5.10 leader when I did it the first time and it made me respect old school 5.9 as being hard as shit.

quote:

Originally posted by willstrickland:
It's the only one I own. The #5 camalot will cover anything smaller. I've only placed it like 3 times, but it's one of those "when you need it, you REALLY need it" deals. After all, I'm not Chuck Pratt. I bought it after I almost soiled my drawers on Kor-Ingalls when I liebacked the OW section and almost pitched trying to get back in the squeeze chimney.

I mostly leave even my #4 Camalot at home when going for alpine routes, #2 and #3 are lighter and all right. see, I dont have any BigBros at all but figure I will get the 2 and 3 but wonder if i should get the 4 or not. also, like i said, would love to shoot a charging grizly with a #4 with the catch removed smile.gif" border="0

[ 04-04-2002: Message edited by: Dru ]