Envirorment wagon

glassgowkiss

Some of the companies jumped the wagon and are trying to drum up free ads through "envirorment ticket". yeah, you have to be kidding me with your choice! Prana and Patagonia are full of crap, since they move their production to China and Vietnam. Even Alpinist prints in China by now. Let's face it- a big part of cost suffered by manufacturer in the US are not only wages, but also envirormental regulations and disposal of chemicals. These coutries do not have such regulations, hence they just ditch toxic chemicals into rivers and bays. to say mildly these companies are not for evirorment, they are for maximizing proffits and for the bottom line. I don't agree with providing free ads for two-faced liers. I am not telling them how to run their companies, but please a little honesty would be nice!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As you know, this is a huge topic. Last week Business Week's cover story was "The Real Cost of Doing Business Offshore". I see it as a good thing to get the business community to understand that the supposed savings from working offshore are much, much smaller than they used to be (inw: taking other factors into account changes the cost).

To change this, not only to consumers need to continue to voice their displeasure and refuse to support companies that don't do business the way they expect, but businesses themselves have to realize that the financial benefits are not as they appear.

Good for you GGK for bringing up this topic!

I don't see anywhere on that pg that says "good for the environment". I see that they don't add to the landfill. You have to admit that's a pretty big step.

The idea is good though, just like the Seattle Aquarium filtering water and releasing it back into the Sound. Actually making something better after you've used it is a good business model bonus.

The solution is simple, don’t buy made in China.

I know easier said that done, but I have for more then 10 years now made an effort to NOT buy made in China.

Yes, the company I work for does off shore processing, but we also have a high end line of all Made in America products.

Educate the consumer, you and I, and allow us to make the choice.

You want these companies to stop out sourcing production in China? Then don’t buy the Made in China products.

I know easier said that done, but I have for more then 10 years now made an effort to NOT buy made in China.

Yes, the company I work for does off shore processing, but we also have a high end line of all Made in America products.

You want these companies to stop out sourcing production in China? Then don’t buy the Made in China products.

We had environmental pollution issues in the US *long* before we were buying stuff from China.

And as for the anti-regulation camp: the US does not subscribe to unfettered capitalism. Never has, never will. And for good reason.

We had environmental pollution issues in the US *long* before we were buying stuff from China.

And as for the anti-regulation camp: the US does not subscribe to unfettered capitalism. Never has, never will. And for good reason.

Reality is neither method in and of itself will work. As you say unfettered capitalize does not and can to work. Over regulations do not work either. There must be a balance met and maintained. That balance with shift back and forth. Based on current conditions and the fact we are dealing with a foreign principality, then the fastest way to get the Chinese, or corporate America for that matter, to change is to hit them in the money belt.