Some Mt Erie Questions???

I was wondering if anyone can tell me the story behind the routes on the headwall? Apparently, from looking at the guidebook, most of the hard routes on that wall were either retro bolts of trad leads or projects that never got finished. Did the FA give permission to retro bolt that route "While the Cats Away..."?

From the sounds of it the original style of that wall was trad and the various hard bolted routes are in a state disrepair and were never even led.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id help you rebolt them if you want to, it would be nice to have projects to do at Erie and as the bolts are now the climbs are seeing almost zero traffic. My buddy talked to the FA of the 11d at the lookout wall and he seemed to be fine with retrobolting that route as long as we didnt add more bolts to it. Its a great problem but not leadable with current rusty bolts, unless u cwazy. Im not sure if the same dude put up when the cats r away...

-B

Sorry-

I thought retro bolting referred to replacing old bolts. I wouldnt ever change the FA's line. I would like some advise on where to place new bolts (ex. how close to the old bolt should a new one be). For both safety and to maintain the integrity of the FA. If anyone is ever around the Lookout Wall take a lap and tell me what you think.

-B

Back in the day, i heard Jason Henrie retro'd the predominantly trad, headwall route without permission, heard the same about frogs in space. Karnage is a good 11 on the orange wall if that's what your looking for. come end of september i'd work the headwall with you avitripp if your looking for a partner.

Edited by frosty_the_tradman

• 2 weeks later...