Defense

archenemy

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do often hear the increased risk argument. The first problem I think of with that is my cousin, who had endometriosis pretty bad, had an increased risk of spontaneous abortion. She's young, married, otherwise heathy, and Mormon. Having a kid was paramount to her. Should other people have the power to say that she doesn't have the right to get preggos just b/c she has a higher risk of aborting than a 100% healthy woman? That doesn't seem right...

I do often hear the increased risk argument. The first problem I think of with that is my cousin, who had endometriosis pretty bad, had an increased risk of spontaneous abortion. She's young, married, otherwise heathy, and Mormon. Having a kid was paramount to her. Should other people have the power to say that she doesn't have the right to get preggos just b/c she has a higher risk of aborting than a 100% healthy woman? That doesn't seem right...

No one has the right to stop her, but no one has the right to stop them from questioning the decision either. It's a free country, right?

I read a different article on this, and it portrayed this gal as someone who had a kid more to promote the fact that she could, than because she actually wanted the kid.

Prolly more of the press misportraying the facts, but.....

I'm cool with her having kids at any age she wants, but I don't wanna be preached to that it's her right.

I actually feel that way on a number of subjects.