Should whales this dumb

archenemy

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scientists theorized that the whales began circling because vibrations from traffic upset them. The pair could not be coaxed forward even when the drawbridge was raised to halt the flow of vehicles.

Hey scientist, doesn't this mean that the vibrations from traffic probably weren't the cause of the "upset"? None of them seem to admit that.

And yes, I would harpoon a whale. Especially if it could be from one of those little canoe things they used to use to hunt them.

Scientists theorized that the whales began circling because vibrations from traffic upset them. The pair could not be coaxed forward even when the drawbridge was raised to halt the flow of vehicles.

Hey scientist, doesn't this mean that the vibrations from traffic probably weren't the cause of the "upset"? None of them seem to admit that.

And yes, I would harpoon a whale. Especially if it could be from one of those little canoe things they used to use to hunt them.

Someone told me that the reason that the Makahs have not gone out to harvest another whale was that too many people were grossed out over the carcass. They found out that whale carcasses are bloody, stinky and that whale blubber tastes awful.

Whatever Arch.

Someone told me that the reason that the Makahs have not gone out to harvest another whale was that too many people were grossed out over the carcass. They found out that whale carcasses are bloody, stinky and that whale blubber tastes awful.

Nope, it's cause the whales had so many PCBs in their blubber that the carcass qualified as toxic waste under EPA guidelines.

When start harpooning the dumb ones let make sure we get the dumb humans too......

:sleep: Boring and stupid arguement, come on how are we going to asess which ones are dumb and which ones aren't. You get an environmentalist to do the job and they are all going to be smart, you get whale hunter to do the job and they are all stupid. Just cause they make a mistake and can't understand that we were trying to help makes them dumb? Shit.....

You're right, sorry I mispoke after jumbling dates in my currently jumbled mind - they shouldn't be headed for Hawaii, they should have left Hawaii around the end of April-early May and been headed for Southern Alaska. Cali is way south and off-route for that population, especially a mother with a calf. It would be interesting to know if it was a calf from last year or this year.

It's more likely this mother is part of the Socorro Island Humpback population. This population has been long suspected of doing a NW Pacific/Bearing migration. It is possible that some of them are now starting to do an American coastal migration similar to Gray Whales.