no climbing

sk

Ok, I found it. I'm designing a protocol for this, so this is just off the cuff shit.

-write the alphabet with your big toe...gradually add ankle weights.

-try to active mold you foot into an arch. start by passively forcing you foot into this position, and work your way up to being able to do it while weight bearing. this is called the "short foot" exercise

-do a 1-leg stand, then close eyes...all the while doing the "short foot". Progress to a rocker, then a wobble board-eyes open, then closed.

-with your heel on the ground, sitting in a chair, curl your toes. Put a towel on the ground and curl it up...then spread it back out. Add challenge by putting a weight on the end of a towel.

-Stretch your big toe out (abduction) by pulling towards your other foot on your big toe, and adding counter resistance by pressing in the other way on the head of your 1st metatarsal (the base of your big toe).

-Grab things like golf balls with your feet.

-strengthen your tibialis anterior muscle. Place your toes under a dumbell or weight, and lift your foot up. This should burn.

-Stretch your calfs. Stand on the edge of the stairs facing uphill and drop your heel down.

-Likewise, hold some weights and stand at the edge of the stairs as mentioned above, and SLOWLY lower yourself down.

-walk around the house barefoot. progress to walking outside in a safe (no glass!) environment barefoot.

If you can do ALL these exercises, you will not only fix a lot of foot,hip,leg,knee,back issues, you'll be a ninja master.

thats what mike said i should do. I think (correct me if i am wrong) the idea is to get the feet healthy and strong and THEN go barefoot as much as possible. but the arch has to be able to hold it's self up at that point.

That was my take on it too. And I remember him talking about those barefoot type shoes (the ones that high_on_rock tried and liked) and saying they were good for feet.

I notice that when I climb, the first thing that gets tired are the tendons that are on the side of my feet that go up my calves, so I think foot exersize will help this as well.

And am I the only one who gets massive cramps in the bottom of her feet at about orgasm 5? Intense, action-stopping pain that hurts so bad it makes me laugh.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I found it. I'm designing a protocol for this, so this is just off the cuff shit.

-write the alphabet with your big toe...gradually add ankle weights.

-try to active mold you foot into an arch. start by passively forcing you foot into this position, and work your way up to being able to do it while weight bearing. this is called the "short foot" exercise

-do a 1-leg stand, then close eyes...all the while doing the "short foot". Progress to a rocker, then a wobble board-eyes open, then closed.

-with your heel on the ground, sitting in a chair, curl your toes. Put a towel on the ground and curl it up...then spread it back out. Add challenge by putting a weight on the end of a towel.

-Stretch your big toe out (abduction) by pulling towards your other foot on your big toe, and adding counter resistance by pressing in the other way on the head of your 1st metatarsal (the base of your big toe).

-Grab things like golf balls with your feet.

-strengthen your tibialis anterior muscle. Place your toes under a dumbell or weight, and lift your foot up. This should burn.

-Stretch your calfs. Stand on the edge of the stairs facing uphill and drop your heel down.

-Likewise, hold some weights and stand at the edge of the stairs as mentioned above, and SLOWLY lower yourself down.

-walk around the house barefoot. progress to walking outside in a safe (no glass!) environment barefoot.

If you can do ALL these exercises, you will not only fix a lot of foot,hip,leg,knee,back issues, you'll be a ninja master.

thats what mike said i should do. I think (correct me if i am wrong) the idea is to get the feet healthy and strong and THEN go barefoot as much as possible. but the arch has to be able to hold it's self up at that point.

That was my take on it too. And I remember him talking about those barefoot type shoes (the ones that high_on_rock tried and liked) and saying they were good for feet.

I notice that when I climb, the first thing that gets tired are the tendons that are on the side of my feet that go up my calves, so I think foot exersize will help this as well.

And am I the only one who gets massive cramps in the bottom of her feet at about orgasm 5? Intense, action-stopping pain that hurts so bad it makes me laugh.

I have had that happen too. i have learned to spread my toes and flex my foot rather than pointing. I still have the muscle reaction but it keeps the foot cramps at bay. awkward at first but once you get used to it... like second nature :cool:

i moved into a house with hard wood flooring for the first time in my whole life. i bet that is exacerbating the issue. i think i need to get more throw rugs and a runner down the hall... any thing to soften things up around here.

Dru, you sure love an argument.

I'm not arguing. I'm just pointing out bullshit. You can continue to defend it if you want, even though it's quite obviously wrong. Even then we won't be arguing though, just disagreeing, because I will be right and you will be wrong.

I am only a shade over 5'5", so those make me look short. Also, I like wearing a full line corsette, and so the two together make me look like I am ready to enter a dwarf-tossing contest (as the dwarf of course)

I am 5'5" as well. you have to have some serious long legs to pull off boots like that. but i like to pretend i could wear them if i could afford them :cool:

I love corsettes as well. although i still have yet to find the perfect one.

But anything with red on the bottom makes me swoon.

I think a good spanking will make you red on the bottom. ;)

Not the right thing to say to a Dom.

Keep trying. Take your whole life if you need.

:lmao::tup: i love how people assume women are subs.

i prefer vanilla ice cream but i take my lovers rocky road.

I could never find the perfect one either, so I had it made. Perfecto. And the most supple leather you ever did feel.

one day i will have one made. *nods emphatically*

It's worth it. I am normally a 38/24/38 without any "training" and you are probably about the same. You'd think they'd make corsettes ready to go like this, but they don't. When you have one made for you the material is cut exactly right and the steel "whalebones" are shaped specifically for your body. This is key--opera strings can't pull in a poor-fitting corsette no matter how hard someone yanks on them. It has to be good from the start and then you can slide into it without looking contorted.

I could never find the perfect one either, so I had it made. Perfecto. And the most supple leather you ever did feel.

one day i will have one made. *nods emphatically*

It's worth it. I am normally a 38/24/38 without any "training" and you are probably about the same. You'd think they'd make corsettes ready to go like this, but they don't. When you have one made for you the material is cut exactly right and the steel "whalebones" are shaped specifically for your body. This is key--opera strings can't pull in a poor-fitting corsette no matter how hard someone yanks on them. It has to be good from the start and then you can slide into it without looking contorted.

i have found a couple of places on line. it is defiantly on my list of will haves.