Superfeet insoles

fredrogers

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred,

If you are referring to the custom molded footbeds, I tried them out this summer on a hike into the Enchantments and I have to say they worked great (reduced foot pain for sure).

My arches are collapsing, so my only alternative was orthotics which are usually hard as a rock and very expensive (also not usually covered by insurance, HMO's suck!)

The best thing about them is the vacuum fit them to your un-weighted foot. Most orthotics are fit while you are standing, resulting in a insert that is molded with the problems that your foot has. I hope that makes sense, I am sure they can explain it better.

Be sure to check out their website:

http://www.superfeet.com/superfeet.html

Dan E.

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: dan e ]

I have been using those super feet for the last three years and they are worth the money. Weird thing is that there is very little cushioning in it (maybe because it is three years old) but I don't notice anything. The way it pushes the arches up, it keeps the toes from getting pushed into the front of the boot.

Go REI return with something you found in the dumpster (maybe the rei dumpster?) and take the credit to get the super feet. That's what I did.

The idea of superfeet are as others mentioned to help reduce elongation of your foot. Not everybody needs them. However, if you do they can help tremendously not only w/the way your shoe/boot fits, but also with alignment of your ankle, knees, and back while walking.

If you go get your feet measured w/ a brannok device the sales person should be able to tell you if you NEED superfeet and/or if you need customized one's. Customized are more expensive (around 70-80 bucks).

I just got some customized ones (because I have messed up feet). They really helped me in fitting for my ice boots.

One last thing...if they dont help ya, you can return them. They are guaranteed.

Good luck, carolyn

I've used the same pair of molded cork superfeet (the custom $80.00 version, hot-molded to my foot) since 1987. I use them in my downhill ski-boots, and every pair of rigid mountaineering boots I have owned since that time. They were great until I dropped a sheet of 5/8 plywood on my right foot and broke my middle toe the year before last. Now the right one doesn't match my foot anymore... I haven't gotten around to replacing them yet, but... blah, blah, you get the idea. If you're going the non-custom route, I've had acceptable results with Superfeet, Spenco, Dr. Scholls - they all seem to help, and not much noticeable difference between them.

quote:

Originally posted by trask:
I wear the std. pair and love em. They're not designed to cushion, but to fit into the arch and cure other foot evils. My feet are normal (whatever that means) and the superfeet still feel great. I never seem to bump my toes with these inserts. Worth the $30 for sure.

oh my god trask made an actual helpful response.

erik, easy now bro.I like to be helpful too...it's just that you guys are way better at it, and more witty than me. I'm old and crusty and don't know all the new climber's ebonics and stuff and my doobie just went out, but it's all good ya know. I really like to spray shit cause it gives me a boner that I like to admire in the mirror. [Moon]

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: trask ]