[TR] Vantage - Various 5/29/2007

Trip: Vantage - Various

Date: 5/29/2007

Trip Report:

A couple for Friends and I made a pilgrimage over the mountains for a day of warm rock and sunshine a couple of weeks ago and I thought I would post some pictures.

Ended up on the Sunshine wall as always. The good news is, every year I seem to be able to climb new stuff there :tup:

Started out the day on Crossing the Threshold.

sue_ctt.jpg

It's a pleasant climb and the only other good gear warm up besides Party in Your Pants, which I think requires a portaledge and bivy to actually get in line for. After that Sprocket styled up Air Guitar as his second climb, repeating his hardest climb from last year, and as his 2nd trad lead for the season :tup: :tup:

sprocket_ag.jpg

After that the girls jaunted up Clip or Skip in good style, and I went over and thrashed a bit on Sinsemilla. Only spooky bit was when my 3rd nut decided to join my second nut, about 20 ft below my feet :noway: Managed it clean but not overly smooth. Then of course it was warm, so we all siesta-ed for a while and I napped in the shade :) Visited for a bit with CBS as he was in the same area :wave:

After that I ran up Hakuna Matata so that our intrepid photographer (Thanks by the way!) could get to the top of Stems and Seeds to watch me suffer. :) I haven't heard her cuss that much at a pitch in a long time :P As I had backed myself into a corner at this point I took a go at Stems and Seeds. With oodles of little gear, I managed to rest and stem my up cleanly :tup:

selkirk_ss7.jpg

selkirk_ss3.jpg

It was a great day in the sun, and I even managed my first 5.11 gear lead :grin:

Gear Notes:

Why I do I always take an aid rack up single pitch trad?

Crossing likes Hexes, the other two like small nuts.

Approach Notes:

over the river and threw the woods!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic