I_like_To rant

i_like_sun

The problem with climbing is that it makes your life interesting while you are climbing, and shitty while you are not...just like drugs or being in a relationship.

We'd all be more socially acceptable people if we all quit climbing...maybe even happier. But our souls would suffer.

PERFECT.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have my worried face on.

i am sure your doc has explained that eating disorders are less about food and more about control. there are many things going on and many levels. many people with an eating disorder also have an addiction to over exercising. it isn't that uncommon. but i don't know that i have ever heard a therapist say "just don't work out" but then i am not a counselor. i am however a nut job. here are the things that i would tell me to do if i could have met myself 20 years ago:

learn to relax

study Taoism

go to yoga

it really is worth it to stop and smell the roses

find something that you can do to help some one else

maybe hike with some people who are old and slow.

for me healing was about healing my spirit. when i did that i learned to see me how i really am. i lose track of that on occasion. it is a life long practice.

:tup: :tup: :tup: Now THOSE are words of wisdom. Say it, girl! We're all ears.

i am sure your doc has explained that eating disorders are less about food and more about control. there are many things going on and many levels. many people with an eating disorder also have an addiction to over exercising. it isn't that uncommon. but i don't know that i have ever heard a therapist say "just don't work out" but then i am not a counselor. i am however a nut job. here are the things that i would tell me to do if i could have met myself 20 years ago:

learn to relax

study Taoism

go to yoga

for me healing was about healing my spirit. when i did that i learned to see me how i really am. i lose track of that on occasion. it is a life long practice.

And masturbate. That helps.

learn to relax

study Taoism

go to yoga

that is a really good point archie... i think i just assumed he would already be doing that ;) cus i assume everyone already does that.

learn to relax

study Taoism

go to yoga

that is a really good point archie... i think i just assumed he would already be doing that ;) cus i assume everyone already does that.

Sexual tension is NOT my problem. Trust me on that one!

As for summiting and/or going solo? Um, I don't think my deal has to do with pushing too hard IN the mountains (well, I definately could've packed in more butter fat) but its more of a general "lifestyle problem". This last year especially, I sort of forgot how to de-charge my nervous system. I started waking up earlier and earlier, and training harder and harder, and BANG. The body says: "sleep asshole!"

Now I'm in the process of relearning how to be human again. You know, humans sometimes chill out, right? Yeah. Thats it.

As for summiting and/or going solo? Um, I don't think my deal has to do with pushing too hard IN the mountains (well, I definately could've packed in more butter fat) but its more of a general "lifestyle problem". This last year especially, I sort of forgot how to de-charge my nervous system. I started waking up earlier and earlier, and training harder and harder, and BANG. The body says: "sleep asshole!"

Now I'm in the process of relearning how to be human again. You know, humans sometimes chill out, right? Yeah. Thats it.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at... What is it you're enjoying. I know that's a loaded question, because there's a million things to enjoy about climbing.

yep Humans do need to chill out. i have recently taught my kiddos to sit in the sun with sun glasses and read out on the deck with me.

i think you are not totally to blame ilikesun. our society rewards people for working harder and harder, for being addicted to achievement. we are not encouraged to sleep, rest, vacation, slow down.... we live in a world of BBD, the bigger better deal. and now we live at the speed of the internet.

it gets so bad that work is work and play is work and rest is work.

we live in a world of BBD, the bigger better deal.

momentarily I thought you were referring to big black dick.

Go Muffy!!!!!!!!!!!!

sshhh damn it i am trying to keep my personal fantasies PERSONAL!!

Enjoying? I seem to enjoy suffering and getting sunburned. - Thats IN the mountains.

In the real world, I enjoy working out and getting as ripped and jacked as I possible can! Except now, you see, I can't really DO that until I figure out how to get enough f****** rest.

To be "serious" for a slit second, the happiest moments I've ever had have been the times when I'm just totally chilled out, laying by some high alping lake in the beautiful sun, smelling the alping flowers and watching the butterflies. Yeah, TOTAL HIPPIE.

Go Muffy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you ever go solo...?

;)

DUDE!!! at least once a day usually 2 or more. :moondance:

Go Muffy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Muffs. Spray seems to reveal all! Its like a virtual labotomy; you just get sucked in and your cortex decides to take a hike! -without you.

I also deeply appreciate how you pointed out that everything is work! Even F***** sleep seems to be work! Maybe I should move to Antarctica. Hey, wanna come?

Enjoying? I seem to enjoy suffering and getting sunburned. - Thats IN the mountains.

In the real world, I enjoy working out and getting as ripped and jacked as I possible can! Except now, you see, I can't really DO that until I figure out how to get enough f****** rest.

To be "serious" for a slit second, the happiest moments I've ever had have been the times when I'm just totally chilled out, laying by some high alping lake in the beautiful sun, smelling the alping flowers and watching the butterflies. Yeah, TOTAL HIPPIE.

take that hippy moment and apply it to more of your life. if you can close your eyes and see that moment you can have it anywhere you go at any time. meditation is a really good tool if you can figure out how to do it and not work at it ;)

fyi, i chase butterflies and dragonflies and damselflies. I love the pretty bugs :moondance:

Go Muffy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Muffs. Spray seems to reveal all! Its like a virtual labotomy; you just get sucked in and your cortex decides to take a hike! -without you.

I also deeply appreciate how you pointed out that everything is work! Even F***** sleep seems to be work! Maybe I should move to Antarctica. Hey, wanna come?

hold on let me have my dirty thought and then i will answer your question....

Go Muffy!!!!!!!!!!!!

how will antartica make sleep less stressful?? but of course i want to come... i always want to come

~i am a bad bad woman :eveeel:

(Caution: Long, rambling, rant warning)

Yeah, last weekend I was at Greenlake after a 20-mile run. I had gone back to look at some turtles I had seen there sitting on a log near the edge of the lake. I have been going to Greenlake for more than 40 years (my god, I'm friggin' OLD!), and I NEVER knew there were turtles in that lake. So I went over there after I finished my run to look at the turtles.

I stood there like a goddam geek, staring at these turtles, and believe me these guys are not the most active creatures in the world, and they didn't do much but move their heads back and forth, and turn around when the wind shifted, and sometimes one would slide off the log into the water and swim away, and another would swim up and climb on and sit there... I must have stood ther for a friggin' hour watching these damned turtles before I realized how long I had been there.

But one thing that blew me away was that other people just didn't have time for such shit. Kids would just yell "Hey, turtles!", and move on. Total sound byte mentality. Noone else stayed more than a couple of seconds. One lady asked me if they were real. I told her that 200 years ago there were more turtles here than there were people.

I'm rambling!!!

But my whole point - CHILL!!!

:mistat:

Edited by lizard_brain

Yeah, but you see, thats why you are so much damn freaking much FUN!

They say laughing is one of the best things you can do for your health.

Sidenote: we dont' have to stay in Antarctica ALL the time. By then we'll have a private jet and we can dance over to some sunny hot sexy beach. Or yaught in the south pacific.....

I REALLY LIKE your observation of sound bit thinking. Jeeze, that is so true!

I enjoy watching my girlfriend's pet chickens. They just bobb their heads up and down for hours, pecking at stuff, looking like miniarture dinosaurs. They're so freaking cool to look at!

Then, some other people come into the room, and go "cool! your baby chicks are cute! See ya"

Yes, sound bite.....

(Caution: Long, rambling, rant warning)

Yeah, last weekend I was at Greenlake after a 20-mile run. I had gone back to look at some turtles I had seen there sitting on a log near the edge of the lake. I have been going to Greenlake for more than 40 years (my god, I'm friggin' OLD!), and I NEVER knew there were turtles in that lake. So I went over there after I finished my run to look at the turtles.

I stood there like a goddam geek, staring at these turtles, and believe me these guys are not the most active creatures in the world, and they didn't do much but move their heads back and forth, and turn around when the wind shifted, and sometimes one would slide off the log into the water and swim away, and another would swim up and climb on and sit there... I must have stood ther for a friggin' hour watching these damned turtles before I realized how long I had been there.

But one thing that blew me away was that other people just didn't have time for such shit. Kids would just yell "Hey, turtles!", and move on. Total sound byte mentality. Noone else stayed more than a couple of seconds. One lady asked me if they were real. I told her that 200 years ago there were more turtles here than there were people.

I'm rambling!!!

But my whole point - CHILL!!!

:mistat:

ya what he said. go watch the turtles.

or people watch

it is really hard to sit and do nothing. but it is a good skill to have. i love to go out on my deck and watch the Koi in my pond. I never knew that something so simple could bring me so much joy.