broken

sk

so apparently it is far safer for me to climb than it is for me to get out of bed in the morning. I jumped out of bed and my right leg was still asleep and i hit the deck. my ankle is swollen and i can't put all my weight on it... how do i know if i am broken or sprained with out going to urgent care???... so not how i want to spend my day.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well there's probably no good way to know for sure. find the urgent care place that's open latest. hobble around all day and then go to urgent care at the end of the day.

damn i was afraid you were going to say that *sigh*

It's probably just sprained cause if it ws broken it would hurt a lot more.
i think you are right. the only thing that concerns me is i don't have full range of motion.i can't point or flex my foot completely. i get close but it feels like it needs to pop to go the rest of the way. :sick:

i think i should give up walking and take up climbing full time. less dangerous.

well there's probably no good way to know for sure. find the urgent care place that's open latest. hobble around all day and then go to urgent care at the end of the day.

damn i was afraid you were going to say that *sigh*

I would ice it and take an anti-inflammatory...

take that with a grain of salt - I'm not a Dr...

I have had my fair share of broken bones, and I can say that none of them (except when my knuckle got crushed into itself) hurt nearly as much as a sprain.

When it breaks, you can kind of hear it. Did you hear anything really weird--not a "pop" really, but a "chhhk" sound?

Sprains really suck, and they never seem to go away all the way. I'd go to a doc right away and get a stablilizing walker thingy. Take care of yourself!!

I have had my fair share of broken bones, and I can say that none of them (except when my knuckle got crushed into itself) hurt nearly as much as a sprain.

When it breaks, you can kind of hear it. Did you hear anything really weird--not a "pop" really, but a "chhhk" sound?

Sprains really suck, and they never seem to go away all the way. I'd go to a doc right away and get a stablilizing walker thingy. Take care of yourself!!

it feels like it might be a hairline fracture in one of those fucked up little bones in the ankle. i will go to the doc and then take the Things to see TMNT. i have totaly had better days.

I wouldn't be too concerned about slightly limited ROM just after the injury. Your body initiated an inflammatory response.

It sounds like the limb is usable, so I'd HI-RICE it and take it easy. Starting tomorrow or the day after, I'd work on stretching it to full ROM. If it's not getting better, go to a doctor. An x-ray will tell if bones are broken, but they may not be able to tell about soft tissue damage until swelling goes down.

Hydration

Ibuprofen (max 2400 mg a day, antiinflammatories still kick in even after pain supression is successful)

Rest

Ice

Compression

Elevation

(I am not a doctor)

I wouldn't be too concerned about slightly limited ROM just after the injury. Your body initiated an inflammatory response.

It sounds like the limb is usable, so I'd HI-RICE it and take it easy. Starting tomorrow or the day after, I'd work on stretching it to full ROM. If it's not getting better, go to a doctor. An x-ray will tell if bones are broken, but they may not be able to tell about soft tissue damage until swelling goes down.

Hydration

Ibuprofen (max 2400 mg a day, antiinflammatories still kick in even after pain supression is successful)

Rest

Ice

Compression

Elevation

(I am not a doctor)

YAY gary you RULE!!!!

I am a doctor.

Please remove your clothing.

You so sound like a dude. After what happened to Oly I'm not takin nothing for granted, get well Muff.

:lmao: my fiavorite pick up line all time is

you're hot do you wanna fuck?

the look on peoples face when you say that is priceless :moondance:

I am a doctor.

Please remove your clothing.

You so sound like a dude. After what happened to Oly I'm not takin nothing for granted, get well Muff.

i am still un clear on what happened to oly...

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer