Entitlement

archenemy

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for another entitlement story.

We once lived in Santa Ana Heights California in a rented house with a nice yard with lots of ornamental plants, which our own small kids knew enough not to molest. We had neighbors who lived across the driveway and had a son about the same age as my son, which at this time was about 3 year of age.

Little Ryan was invited to come over and play with our kids, and he did for a while, but my wife caught him standing there pulling leaves off a flowering vine one by one. She told him, very nicely that there was a rule at our house against hurting the plants. Well the mother was in the other yard and overheard this and said, "you can't discipline my child! Only I can do that!"

Well my wife said, "when your son is at our house, he must play by the rules at our house, all the other kids that come to play here do, and we all get along just fine".

The woman stormed over the fence and grabbed her kid, saying, "Ryan will never be allowed at your house again". And we both said, "that's just fine". And he never did.

i invited a 6yr old for a sleepover. for my son. the next morning i go downstairs to check on things and find that our guest has proceeded to 'paint' the walls with his diaper load. yup. down the stairs, in the dining room, in the curtains......i was amazed at the brazen effort to get attention and the sheer volume and artistic vocation of the little soul . trew his ass out . with his jacket. in a sow storm , to walk back home. 400yds. never looked out. i heard he made it ok. never did that shit again....

When I was a youngin a remember the rule that any parent in the neighborhood was worth listening to. And they cared enough to pull you over once in a while to say cut the crap and fly right. Whoa boy if my old man heard something from a neighbor that one of us were acting up - that was trouble for us.

That is so sad.

What do you think is wrong with parents like that? They think the child doesn't benefit from others' input? What kind of adult will that be? One who can't take a little ribbing, a little bit of bad news, or some criticism?

they were raised by similar unqualified mentors. fuckin' s the easy part.

i invited a 6yr old for a sleepover. for my son. the next morning i go downstairs to check on things and find that our guest has proceeded to 'paint' the walls with his diaper load. yup. down the stairs, in the dining room, in the curtains......i was amazed at the brazen effort to get attention and the sheer volume and artistic vocation of the little soul . trew his ass out . with his jacket. in a sow storm , to walk back home. 400yds. never looked out. i heard he made it ok. never did that shit again....
Wait a minute, a six year old in diapers?!?