Snow Creek Wall

SmallShoes

Thinking about doing Outer Space this Thursday but I'm curious about the conditions up at Snow Creek Wall. I couldn't find any recent trip reports. Anyone been up there lately? If not, can anyone tell me how it usually is this time of year?

Just trying to figure out if we're pushing too early or if it's go time.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yeah. it rains ticks over there. you'll find some the next day too. really bad at SCW, not as bad elsewhere.

I haven't seen a single tick the numerous times I have been up there, but I imagine they are around since everybody talks about them. I think there is a few, can't be as bad as I seen ticks in other places.

oh yeah. it rains ticks over there. you'll find some the next day too. really bad at SCW, not as bad elsewhere.

I haven't seen a single tick the numerous times I have been up there, but I imagine they are around since everybody talks about them. I think there is a few, can't be as bad as I seen ticks in other places.

Oh, it can be bad. Couple springs ago I was bringing my partner up the traverse crack pitch, and was literally squeegee-ing ticks off the rope as it was passing through my belay device. Later I was jamming my up the headwall crack, and noted as I took my hands out of the crack, there were these tiny red things crawling over my hands. Makes my skin crawl talking about it.

And then later at home, pulling ticks out of my hair and finding them in the back pack a couple days later. Ewww!

While climbing a two pitch route at Perly Gates, Jim Donini free soloed up and was chatting with me at belay on top of pitch one. He told me that on a climbing trip a tick (unknown to him) climbed into his anus and burrowed in, eventially giving him tick paralysis for a while until the doctor diagnosed the problem

While climbing a two pitch route at Perly Gates, Jim Donini free soloed up and was chatting with me at belay on top of pitch one. He told me that on a climbing trip a tick (unknown to him) climbed into his anus and burrowed in, eventially giving him tick paralysis for a while until the doctor diagnosed the problem

Vile creatures.

First off there aren't any ticks at Leavenworth this time of the season, to cold. Second me and my partner checked out snow creek and it is was really wet so went to Corino's crag and did The Regular. If you are willing to look there is tons of dry stuff at Leavenworth and with last couple of days being so warm I bet there will be even more in the next week.

First off there aren't any ticks at Leavenworth this time of the season, to cold. Second me and my partner checked out snow creek and it is was really wet so went to Corino's crag and did The Regular. If you are willing to look there is tons of dry stuff at Leavenworth and with last couple of days being so warm I bet there will be even more in the next week.

Oh, they're there all right. You don't feel that tickly feeling on your scalp?