Nerdy

NTM

What movies can you think of that have unintentional climbing related stuff in them?

I'm watching Ice Age right now and Sid the Sloth does a little stemming up between two pillars.

Also, in the Chronicles of Narnia, there is a fat ice curtain when they first go into Narnia (WI 5/5+ maybe?).

I'm a big nerd. :blush:

Edited by NTM

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.theparamount.com/artists/artist.asp?key=407

well, this is intentional. playing at the paramount Monday night.

One of the most celebrated mountain films of all time, THE WHITE HELL OF PITZ PALU was also an international box-office success--indeed it was the first German film to play the giant Roxy Theatre in New York City. Riefenstahl stars as a newlywed who gets trapped on a mountain ledge with her husband on their ill-fated honeymoon. While Arnold Fanck staged the outdoor action with his characteristic pictorial flair, the Expressionist director G.W. Pabst was brought in to oversee dramatic scenes shot in the studio. Working for Pabst, Riefenstahl distinguished herself as an accomplished actress among Fanck's gang of mountaineers, and the critics were quick to single her out for praise: "For the heroine, Leni Riefenstahl, renewed and unexpectedly fresh, unexpectedly charming. A flowing free rhythm, breath-catching beauty, genuine alarm. Not blatant or manufactured, but sensed with authenticity."

SMM-WhiteHell-01.jpg

There was a recent movie out about a couple of women who went caving. There was a lot of funny stuff in that. It was so funny I had to stop watching it.

sorry, I cant remember the name.

Was it 'The Descent'? I just watched that movie. Could not figure out why a caving expedition would bring ice tools.

There was a recent movie out about a couple of women who went caving. There was a lot of funny stuff in that. It was so funny I had to stop watching it.

sorry, I cant remember the name.

Was it 'The Descent'? I just watched that movie. Could not figure out why a caving expedition would bring ice tools.

Thats the one!

Funny, eh?