Marsipual Traverse!

kevbone

This climb is a Smith Rock in the Marsupials. It is a combination of a few different routes and summits. Very cool. Very easy and exposed. I did this climb on 10/07/06 and would repeat it anytime. The best way to do it is to hike you pack to the rappel at the top and rack up. Run down and climb the 5-8 pitches back up to your packs. Then off to more great climbing in the Marsup’s. Round river is also a classic, just across the way.

If you climb Round river first with your packs on, then you are even with were the rap is on the Marsupial Traverse. Just walk across the hill and proceed. This gets you about 11 pitches in before lunch.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cripper and I climber Round River, masipial traverse then 4 sporto routes on the north side of mini half dome then up mini half dome then another 10- on the other side of mini half dome. 19 pitches in all (as the book would tell it). Pretty cool area. Gotta love the marsups

Just did Thin Air, then the following two bolted pitches of 10a to the top of Koala. Great link. But I gotta know if anyone else thought the two cruxes (10a they say) on each pitch were anywhere close to reality. Maybe it was just cold.....but I had to pull pretty hard to get through them.

Consenus?

The Marsoups rock. Delerium Tremens in Jan...COLD! But Gooooood.

10b is a stretch on those pitches, especially the 2nd. 5.9 even when it's cold. The top pitch most people clip and then traverse a good 6ft. to the right and pull over on big holds, no feet.

Actually about 10 years ago a 2x2 chunk fell off the bottom of the first pitch. I'd say it bumped up to easy 5.9 after that. Your rope tarp is on the piece when you belay. You can see how it fits into the gap. My favorite multi-pitch in the park.