ClimbingPanther

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's amazing to me is that men only act like they understand women

One of the few mistakes I never make.

Smart man.

I also never understand what is going on inside a guy's head. Well, almost never. ;)

We're bred for perpetual violent warfare of clashing wills and missunderstanding. It's just the way the world is. There's no other way.

I figured you wouldn't mind if I spent a couple of grand on a new stereo system and a video game console, so I went ahead and took the money out of our savings.

My Klipsch not good enough for you anymore?

Just like a guy, goes for something new as soon as the old gets a little outta date.

Yes, but what was the purpose behind your use of the word?

Psst, Archy: she was a stripper at a party and complained that things went south on her in a major way. Her role there does not in any way excuse what did or did not happen to her, but it is not the same as if she was one of the invited guests.

Twenty five years ago, we hosted a bachelor party at a house where I was a tenant and before the "guest" was to appear, a mean looking guy pushed his way into the house, ran through our party, and just as quickly left. We all wondered if he was a gangster who had simply entered the wrong party, and we wondered if we should be scared or not. But then when the "guest" showed up five minutes later we realized he was her scout, and we decided it was OK. We could see how she was taking some real risks and we didn't blame her for wanting someone to check it out in advance.

In the Duke case, I think her role in the party is quite significant. If you think that acknowledging that role or even mentioning it is somehow an evil victimization of women, I think you have a problem with reality and rational thought. Take the chip off your shoulder and I think you'll be able to stand up straighter.

You know what's funny about this?

I asked you a pretty simple question.

Your first answer deflected it away from you.

Your second answer went into one of those "ad hominem" attacks that you ream Fairweather for doing on a regular basis.

And you still never answered the question. Not even with a simple , "Cuz I didn't think about it", or a "Because I don't really care" or anything.

Curious.