Trail damage

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Middle Fork Snoqualmie washed out at Burntboot Creek. Trailbed is completely gone. We couldn't even find where it resumed after looking for a while. Good news is that there is now a large cedar log that will allow easy crossing of the Burntboot Creek. A trail will have to be built to it though.

Also on the Middlefork Trail there is a large tree down on boardwalk about a mile east of Dingford Creek. A log bridge has rotted out and collapsed on a tributary just west of Wildcat Creek.

The Middlefork Road is washed out about a mile or so past the hairpin turn below Hell Hill. Another mile in the roadbed is covered in rocks washed down from above. That one will take quite a bit of work to clear. Other than those two, the road is pretty good.

I might be wrong, as I'm a little confused about the exact location of the closure. But isn't HWY 35 closed from 26 for about 18 miles north? That puts it a long way from the road up toward Cloud Cap. I'm sure ODOT has a lot of pressure on them to get this fixed quickly but from what I've read, its going to be a big job. I hope it doesn't impact the ski season that much because I bought my first pass this year to meadows.

guess that oughta wrap up fall attempts on hood north face, eh? damn - never really had a chance this year...

Second-hand info here: but a pal who owns a cabin up near Cooper Spur told me yesterday that one can still access Cloud Cap via the turnoff down by Parkdale.