[TR] Snow Creek Wall- Outer Space 10/23/2006

denalidevo

Climb: Snow Creek Wall-Outer Space

Date of Climb: 10/23/2006

Trip Report:

Climbed Outer Space w/ Dave H. Monday - my first time on this classic. It was a beautiful day - not warm but not particularly cold. The golden leaves of fall were vibrant. We had a short run of sun on the 3rd and 4th pitches, other than that we were in the shade. We did the direct start (Remorse) as suggested by Nelson. Dave thought this was better than the first pitches of the traditional route. Dave led the 5.9 taverse above two tree ledge - some good exposure there! I led the thin finger crack on the final pitch. I don't do much thin crack and found the first couple moves strenuous. Ran the 60M rope to the limit to make the last belay (horiz. crack approx. 25' above the roof w/ the HUGE chicken heads). Nelson's description says this as a 160' pitch that ends just short of the top. Not sure if or where I might have gone wrong. We climbed the route in 7 hrs - not bad. By the time we scrambled to the base the sun was setting and we hiked the two miles back to the car in the dark. Dave forgot his headlamp but lucky for him I had a spare!

Highlight of the day: seeing a horizontal rainbow hovering directly overhead on pitch 5, created by sun rays filtering through the clouds above. Way cool. Wish I'd had my camera.

Gear Notes:

Doubles in the .75-2 camalots, one #3 cam, TCU's, stoppers w/a few extra HB offset nuts that kicked a$$, #9 & 10 hex.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, those first couple crack moves on the last real pitch kinda caught me off guard as well. I think the fact that the crack is bomber hands/feet with good knobs for 100' below that makes those couple moves off the belay seem harder than they really are.

yeah, those first couple crack moves on the last real pitch kinda caught me off guard as well. I think the fact that the crack is bomber hands/feet with good knobs for 100' below that makes those couple moves off the belay seem harder than they really are.

True....true.....

• 2 weeks later...

If you did the direct 10B start you climb on a route called RPM not Remorse. I do not think denalidevo was braggin about a speed record mr Smithisnotheaven. Either way who gives a FK?

Has anyone ever climbed Outerspace, Orbit and MaryJane in a day???

I have done OS and MJ and OB and OS in a day, but never all 3...

r u really saying that 7 hours is a good time for a 6 pitch route with a single 10b move and a 5.9 traverse, considering u did the remorse start. When u get around 2 hours or so then pop off. Then you can do both in a day (orbit) as well. But 1+ hour(s) per pitch....wow....like not fast.

Yeah, RPM, the coolest way to 2 tree ledge.

1280waderpm.JPG

Anyone ever finish off the shield via Edge of Space?

r u really saying that 7 hours is a good time for a 6 pitch route with a single 10b move and a 5.9 traverse, considering u did the remorse start. When u get around 2 hours or so then pop off. Then you can do both in a day (orbit) as well. But 1+ hour(s) per pitch....wow....like not fast.

Also have done OS + Orbit in less than a day. Bout 6 hours for both including descent back to Orbit start.

Welcome to CC.com you chest-beating pr?*k...looking forward to more condescension from you in the future