Early November Route Ideas

ClimbHard

Hello,

I am planning a trip to Ranier early november as a training climb for our team that is going to South America this december. I am looking for a route to practice glacial traverse as well as skinning techniques, and preferably a route that I can have a blast skiing down smile.gif. Does one exist? How about the Emmons Glacier route? I would appreciate any legit beta greatly.

Thank you very much,

Roland

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

also keep in mind that if we start getting a decent amount of snow early, its possible the park service will gate the road for the winter already at the turn off to White River Rd, which will add six miles of road walking/skinning to get to the summer trailhead to access the Emmons route.

Early November you'll have much better luck opting to do something on the paradise/camp muir side of the mountain.

I'd be very suprised if the upper mountain is safely skiable in early Nov...I imagine there would be a ton of barely covered crevasses and the waist-high neve penitentes might not even be covered up yet.