Climbing Holds?

ken4ord

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the climbing holds that Victor Kramer uses in his barn/gym....real rock. just drill out a piece of rock and put a bolt in it (also use epoxy to help secure it).

i have pusher holds, those are nice for their crimpers. i have a bunch of big franklin and metolius holds that are pretty good for my son to crank on.

I took back a few pair of shoes, I am sure the kids are happy with them. I don't don't do the climbing with the kids unless we are going out to a crag. Most of the time they go climbing at the school where some Belge had put up a climbing wall (rocks embedded in concrete).

Thanks for the suggestions on the holds. I like Pusher holds a lot too. Maybe I will order a set.

i think pusher is revolution now. At least, at the trade show, it's the same dude...

uh, my buddy doesn't sell them outside of turkey and europe. If you email him, I'm sure he'd be cycked to figure out how to ship holds to you...check out his terrible website to get an idea of what he's got. The holds really are at least as good as the website is bad. He's got shapes that seem plain at first but turn out to work really really well on the wall. anyway...

• 3 weeks later...

Franklin makes great ergonomic shapes that are tendon friendly and perfect for training. They are also virtually indistrcutable. We have 4 of each shape in our gym, that is over 4000 holds. Whe haven't broken a single handhold, some of the foot jibs are "mushy" though.

Voodoo makes my favorite shapes. Some of their stuff is so cool and realistic, but watch out for their smaller holds because they crack easily. We have bought almost their whole line for our gym. Most of the small ones didn't last one route. Texture isn't that durable but fine for home use, and they are expensive.

SoIll makes some cool stuff, but they just downsized their line and cut out some of the best shapes.

Nicros has a huge selection and good training shapes, but the texture seems to wear off quickly. Best Roof jugs, imho.

Stone Age makes the best big slopers and huge holds, hands down.

The plastic Revolution uses sucks, it chips and cracks very easily. Pusher use to make some of the coolest shapes but most companies are outdooing them now and use better material.

Atomik has some nice holds for the price.

E-grips is one of the best hold makers out there. Strong plastic (similar polyeurathane Franklin uses)and funky cool shapes. Their foot jibs and crimpers are awesome.

Metolius are boring, imho.

Hope that helps!

• 4 weeks later...

Doods that helps a ton. Great now it is time to order. I think I might go with some of the SoIll, I do like there polished surface holds. I will have to take a look at their big slopers to I guess. Thanks. I feel a junkie, as soon I get some news holds and have them on the wall done a few routes with them I am ready for more. I can't wait to live closer to some rock sometime in my life.

• 1 year later...

So I sold off a bit of my Metolius holds and most of Nicros set (I can't remember the name of) that I really didn't like, generally I like Nicros and have been happy with my other set that I have. No real complaints with the Metolius though most of mine are polished, just make me work harder to grip.

Now I am getting more holds once again. I think I have convinced my wife that we need a boulder den. Has anyone heard of Three Ball Climbing (they have three dots on them like Alpinfox mentioned), they seem to have some good price sets, don't know anything about them and the texture durability of their holds? What about East Coast Holds, never heard of them, there website doesn't make them to appealing looking? What about Atomik, again never heard of them?