G-M "5.10R" start?

Gary_Yngve

I tried to do this thing on TR, and I couldn't figure out where to go. After exerting a 5.11- effort, I got about 3-4 feet off the ground onto some thin edges but the face was blank above. There was another edge about a foot higher, though thinner than what I had been on. The next mediocre handhold seemed about 3 feet above what I could reach, and the next good handhold a foot higher.

Anyone have any beta?

We also cut some old slings about 20 ft to the left halfway up G-M p3. They were girdling a tree to the point that they were under tension by the tree.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we were just tring that saturday. i was able to reach the next holds from the feet you mentioned, there is a decent undercling on the left that helped. then crimped up and high stepped to those holds, there is one more hard move before you finally get to a good hold, still i think the hardest move is right off the ground.

I'm here to post in this important ground breaking thread.

I was being serious. Colt makes it sound like some low angle slab on the Squamish apron. Seems more like "crank & go" to me.

Any thoughts on the ground being "ground down" by all the traffic? Maybe making the start harder. There are some good problems to the left too.

• 3 weeks later...