Border Crossing

akf

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the last few times I've crossed from America into Canada this year we have had to get out of the car and go into the station for a complete background and immigration check. It's funny that going into Canada I have had more problems, but when I come back into the States they just ask a few questions and we're on our way. You'd think it would be the other way around with the issues going on. wazzup.gif

i cross the border at least once a week. The Canadian border guards are way better looking... both male and female... it's bizzare. They must hire from the same place as Milestones/Cactus Club & Earls. Usually I get friendly border guards who just ask where I live and what I'm going to do and wave me through. Once in a while I'll get the guy who wants an itemized list of the contents of my sandwhich and tries to trip me up by asking tricky questions. I used to get hassled a lot more when I drove a truck. Finally just asked one day 'ok what is the deal with the truck?' and was told 'Bad people drive trucks ma'am.' Sometimes you get the bored friendly guy who's usually sitting just outside the booth in the sunshine and wants to shoot the breeze. He doesn't care that there's a 30 minute lineup behind you. I haven't been sent to the time out room for over a year now though so I'm happy.

Here's what not to do coming back into the USA after a 6 day scuba diving trip. Come to border... Agent asks me what I've been up to. Come to border alone. I say I was up in Port Hardy scuba diving. He says... do you dive in a dry suit or a wet suit... I say that only an idiot would dive wet in the NorthWest... well... he says he dives in a wetsuit. I'm so fucked... detained... gear ripped apart and after about 3 hours... I get to leave. Next time I will focus on keeping my mouth shut.... PUNTERS!!!

As for SCOTT>>>>> WEEKEND CLIMBERZ... I'd investigate him for sure...