President Gary featured in UW Daily!!!

Alpinfox

So there I was, eating my lunch in the mostly deserted Rotunda, reading through the relationship advice column of the UW Daily Newspaper like I always do, when I happened to come across this:

OMG!!!

I especially liked the hero pose:

060628climbing.jpg

Oh, and Gary... here is a little factoid for you:

"Snowblindness: A burn of the cornea (the clear front surface of the eye) by ultraviolet B rays (UVB). Also called radiation keratitis or photokeratitis."

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pax, thanks for the correction. That was my error, but the take-home message is still the same.

There are other quotes that might sound funny or be technically incorrect -- the author was pretty liberal with attributing quotes and rewording them (the philosophy of quote it if it is plausible he could have said those exact words), but again, I think overall the take-home message is good.

If the article helps just one person be safer/more prepared in the mountains, it did it's job. I'm glad they made the article.

Oh, and Brian (guiran) forgot to take his "voice-in-my-head" medicine. smile.gif