SAR on the Apron *DELETED*

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lunch within the perimeter! Code Red! Code Red! Violation in progess!

I wasn't there. I don't know about it specifically. But if a litter were to scrape a loose boulder or rock off which then bounces over and coldcocks some poor bastard just peacefully munching a sandwich down below.......well, one could see that the line of ambulance chasers would far exceed the number of climbers within 20 nanaseconds, thus swamping the park and resources of the authorities to handle them all. yelrotflmao.gif

Fishsticks says:

The accident mentioned above was on memorial crack. From what I gather one party was asked to move because they were having lunch within the perimeter where the team was working

to lower and then transport the victim.

So this may have more to the eye than first blush and explains why the first post was deleted perhaps: sounds like SAR was in the process of an actual rescue and was helping some unfortunate off.....

Maybe the victim of the Apron accident was not bothered by the closure, and maybe the SAR could have let the first complaintant and his buddy climb through while they let the poor bastard lie there in a pool of blood waiting for them to finish the route......I suppose the victim wouldn't have minded if he was unconcious.....

I curious what the lunch fare was. if I was the one being rescued from an epic, I might like to be offered a sammich on the way down.

I'm just saying that chasing away the guy with lunch at the ready seemed a bit hasty.

The local Yakima SAR was at Tieton a couple weeks ago. Gaitors, beer bellies, loops of webbing everywhere, falling down trying to walk down the trail. Sketchy. I don't recomend ever needing a rescue in that area.

We'll be sure to check your name off our list. FWIW, that was not CWMR, but a class from the local community college. Have a nice day. wave.gif