OOPS!

OPPS!. Post number 100. Can't believe it, just found this site last fall. I'll have to say that after a long time away from the mainstream of the Northwest climbing community I've really enjoyed this site. It brings back a lot of memories, reading about others climbing routes I did in the 60's-90's and it's inspired me to retool and do some more. Last week I enjoyed some sport rock to 5.9 (never did "sport" before and its a little wierd) at Frenchman and had a blast. Have plans in the oven to return to Washington Pass this summer and will be visiting my son to do some relatively new Sandia Mountain climbs out of Albuquerque in a few weeks.... By the way, I've got some of the oldest restrung Chouinard hexes and stoppers around and they I wouldn't trade them for any of the new stuff.

Edited by still_climbin

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd guess you've even got the home-done drilled out version of the big ones, as well as numbers one and two on perlon. If not, I've got 'em, we should enact a costume drama down at Smith some busy weekend, walking along in wool knickers and Robbins boots with a Goldline in a shoulder coil and a rack of hexes, grumbling about the powder puff boys and the wack-and-dangle merchants. yellaf.gif

I'd guess you've even got the home-done drilled out version of the big ones, as well as numbers one and two on perlon. If not, I've got 'em, we should enact a costume drama down at Smith some busy weekend, walking along in wool knickers and Robbins boots with a Goldline in a shoulder coil and a rack of hexes, grumbling about the powder puff boys and the wack-and-dangle merchants. yellaf.gif
That would be uber classic! You could get some three-strand at West Marine that would pass for Goldline. It would be so much fun for the weird looks you'd get!

There was some guy in Carhartt coveralls walking through REI in Bellingham the other day who had a coil of three-strand slung casually over his shoulder! I kid you not. yelrotflmao.gif

He was a rugged-looking bearded type who also had a knife and other equipment clipped to his backpack.

I was absolutely fascinated! I kept looking to see if what I was seeing was real, and if he was going to try and pick up a woman, or what??? hahaha.gif

There was some guy in Carhartt coveralls walking through REI in Bellingham the other day who had a coil of three-strand slung casually over his shoulder! I kid you not. yelrotflmao.gif

He was a rugged-looking bearded type who also had a knife and other equipment clipped to his backpack.

I was absolutely fascinated! I kept looking to see if what I was seeing was real, and if he was going to try and pick up a woman, or what??? hahaha.gif

well, we know what the rope was for.