• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
CascadeClimber

Car accident info?

This isn't really climbing related, but I am wondering if anyone has any info about the car accident just inside the park on Saturday. I got there just after the ambulance and I've been hoping that the people somehow survived.

-Loren

check this site out. it sometimes takes a few days for reports to show up, but they mostly end up there. unless of course the nps caused the sitmo, then they all mysteriously disapear...hmmmm!

http://www.nps.gov/morningreport/

[ 11-26-2001: Message edited by: erik ]

I was up there. We left the parking lot and made it through, but the other half of our party did not. He told me this:

2 trees fell1 dead, 1 injuredA blue Ford Explorer

I also heard that emergency vehicles had a difficult time getting to the scene of the accident because of the second tree.

The two LIVE trees broke off about halfway up. One landed on the roof of the Explorer, right above the front seat. It looked like an empty beer can that someone had stepped on.

I'm heartened to hear that perhaps one person survived. My thoughts and prayers go out to all involved.

-Loren

The two trees fell about a mile and a half east of the Nisqually Entrance, before the switchbacks up to Paradise.

They were about 50-80ft down the road from each other. I think the crash happened on the eastern-most tree, but I'm not sure if the car drove into it after it had fallen, or if it just landed right on the car.

They closed the road and kept everyone up at Paradise for an hour or so.

It was really strange that the two trees had fallen in esentialy the same place, but were totaly seperate from each other. It was pretty damn windy that day...

Sad to hear about the loss frown.gif" border="0