Is my Avatar sexist or sexy?

TREETOAD

I have been a little self concious about my avatar of late and the impression that it may project. Can you guys/gals help me pick out another. Perhaps something that may be a tad more appropo for the fine and delicate sensitivities on this wonderful forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated and taken not as criticism but as heart felt help..

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

probably more your speed...

568028-captphallus.jpg

Hmm I knew I was leaving myself open to ridicule but sometimes a guy just has to wear his heart on his sleeve and take a risk to really grow as a person.

Now griz I know you didn't mean that and I forgive you.

So please respect my feelings and lets have a meaningful dialog here... darn it!

besides having the perfect fuzzy navel Olga is pretty smart too:

Current Research

Current research focuses on developing of algorithms for lossless compression of hyperspectral images and sounders. She is interested in multispectral image analysis, image processing, satellite imagery and pattern recognition.

Area of interest

Information Technology:

Lossless Image Compression, Satellite Imagery, Hyperspectral Image Processing, Pattern Recognition

Mathematics and Mechanics:

Fluid Mechanics, Approximation Methods, Mathematical Modeling, Graph Theory, Probability Theory

Recent Publications

International Conferences with a referee practice

O. Kubasova and P. Toivanen, “Grid Prediction for Lossless Hyperspectral Image Compression”, in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference -Television: Transmission and Image Processing, Saint Petersburg, Russia, June 4-7, 2003.

O. Kubasova, P. Toivanen, J. Mielikainen, “Correlation-Based approach for Lossless Compression of Hyperspectral Images”, in Proceedings of the Visualisation, Imaging and Image Processing Conference (VIIP2003), Benalmadena, Spain, September 8-11, 2003.

O. Kubasova, P. Toivanen, “New Linear Prediction Model for Lossless Compression of Hyperspectral Images”, in Proceedings of the Color in Graphics, Imaging and Vision Conference (CGIV04) Aachen, Germany, April 5-8, 2004.

J. Mielikainen, O. Kubasova, P. Toivanen, “Special DPCM for Lossless Compression of 3D Hyperspectral Sounding Data”, in Proceedings of 8th WSEAS International Conference on systems (part of the 8th CSCC Multiconference), Vouliagmeni, Athens, Greece, July 12-15, 2004.

O. Kubasova, P. Toivanen, J. Mielikainen, “Lossless Compression of 3D Hyperspectral Sounding Data Via Statistical Image Characteristics”, in Proceedings of 8th WSEAS International Conference on systems (part of the 8th CSCC Multiconference), Vouliagmeni, Athens, Greece, July 12-15, 2004.

O. Kubasova, P. Toivanen, “Comparison of Lossless Compression Methods for Multispectral Images”, in Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR),   Cambridge, UK, August 23-26, 2004.

O.Kubasova, V. Kristinich, “An Approximate Solution of Rayliegh Problem”, in Proc. of International Seminar on Fluid Mechanics, International Seminar XX on Jet, Separated and Non-Stationary Flows, Saint Petersburg, Russia, July 1-3, 2004.

Publications in Journals

J. Mielikainen, O. Kubasova, P. Toivanen, “Special DPCM for Lossless Compression of 3D Hyperspectral Sounding Data”, J. WSEAS Transactions on Computers , July, 2004, pp.  

O. Kubasova, P. Toivanen, J. Mielikainen, “Lossless Compression of 3D Hyperspectral Sounding Data Via Statistical Image Characteristics”,  J. WSEAS Transactions on Computers, September 2004, pp.

P. Toivanen, O. Kubasova, J. Mielikainen, “Correlation-based Band Ordering Heuristic for Lossless Compression of Hyperspectral Sounding Data”, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters (under review)

Scientific Monographs

Olga A. Kubasova: Lossless Compression Methods for Multispectral Images: Development and Comparisons, Master's Thesis, Lappeenranta University of Technology, 2003

Olga A. Kubasova: An Approximate Solution for Raighley Problem, Master’s Thesis, Saint Petersburg State University, 2004