Peter_Puget

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So does that imply that Bush or Cheney was the one who leaked to Novak?

I'm saying that since Novak said no crime was committed, so the leaker must be someone who has the supposed power to "instantly declassify" information (i.e. Prez or VP).

Gosh, then what's the reason for this inquiry?

If Bush initiated this special-prosecutor stuff over something that wasn't even a crime, then you'd have to agree that, with all the flack this is causing, that Bush really screwed this one up, eh?

ChucK - More than likely the "outing" itself was not illegal at least in terms of revealing a secret agent no matter who did it and for whatever reason. rolleyes.gif

Oh peter, what a beautiful ballerina you make, spinning, twirling, dodging, all in that beautiful dress.

ChucK - More than likely the "outing" itself was not illegal at least in terms of revealing a secret agent no matter who did it and for whatever reason. rolleyes.gif
Not illegal, but politically damaging. So I wonder how they figured they'd get away with it? Was it a rash and impulsive decision? I mean, if you spit into the wind, you gotta figure its eventually going to come back in your face.

Yep I agree the whole thing is a stupid waste of time. He should have realized that it would have to morph into witch hunt.

If by "witch hunt" you mean "perfectly reasonable inquiry into potentially illegal activities initiated from the highest echelon of the administration," and by "waste of time" you mean "what better way to spend a sunny Spring afternoon," then, yeah, that sounds about right.

Who's got the marshmallows? I hear there's going to be a burning Bush at the White House.

Because Novak - who was involved in the scheme - says so? There's some circular logic.

Because Novak - who was involved in the scheme - says so? There's some circular logic.

No, not because Novak said so, but because the federal prosecutor is not prosecuting the person who turned over on Plame, it is presumed the President is that person because he is the only person who can unilaterally declassify and reveal the protected identities of Federal agents.

As President, Bush may have been singularly free to do what was done without committing a crime, but because a backstabbing snitch of treasonous character still stinks just as bad, one might presume as well that special counsel Patrick Fitzgerald has been compelled to hold his nose.

Edited by Crux

There is apparently an executive order that allows "Shooter" Cheney to unilaterally declassify also. At least that's what he claims.

The Spec. Prosecuter is Patrick Fitzgerald, not Fitzwater (Marlin Fitzwater was the press Sec. for Reagan and Bush41).

Bush was questioned already, with his lawyer present. Fitzgerald was appointed by James Comey, who was in charge when Ashcroft the asshat was hospitalized. Fitzgerald is by all accounts a crack prosecuter with no partisan affiliations (the guy has an impressive prosecutorial record, check him out).