US on verge military Coup d'Etat

Alpinfox

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Removing him from his position as Imperial PoohBah would entail the dick from Texas admitting he's not omnipotent. Fat chance. These are a group of miltary veterans who saw the debacle that 'Nam turned into because of political malfeasence. Once again the elitists and bureaucrats have sent our brothers and sisters into a senseless slaughter. This administration sucks big fat donkey dick. I thought I saw Bush in Tiajuana beneath a jackass.

If it were seven hundred retired generals, that would be something to take notice of.

Shit, in less ambiguous wars there were schisms between the admins and generals. I'm sure there was more than a handful of generals siding, perhaps privately, with MacArthur rather than Truman and with MacLelland rather than Lincoln.

In a broader perspective, are there any wars that are not patently a senseless slaughter?

"From the amount of media coverage the ex-generals' revolt is generating, you would think they had donned khaki uniforms and stormed the Pentagon in an attempted coup.

And yet all the retired brass have done is to speak out, generally from the safety of climate-controlled television studios.

Ever since one general spoke to Time last week and The Washington Post fronted the story of others who were coming out from under the cone of silence, the controversy has been huge. Liberals rejoiced, conservatives counterattacked, and thumbsuckers pondered What It All Means."

...Read more Howard Kurtz, "Media Notes" at Washingtonpost.com