Winter failures admitances

charlesclaassen

I wanted South Hozomeen like a lover. I paddled from Diablo Lake to Raindbow Pt on day one (). The worst part was carrying the boat and two (2!) packs up to near the resort and scrambling down the crazy loose shore to even get into Ross Lake. Day two I pee-daddled up to Hozomeen campground in a couple of hours. I wish it had taken me longer. I explored the area and ended up camping just beside the big boat-ramp pull-out. Snow-rain all night long until 4 am, proper alpine start time, so I headed up the Hozomeen Lake Trail. 1 hour later I was soaked to the skin, dreading the snow-cave bivy sack overnight somewhere high on the north slope. I broke camp and started paddling back south about 9:30 am, reached Ross Dam 4:30. Skinned the keel, and hiked back home via Diablo Lake trail, home by 6:30PM, day 2. If anybody still wants to rush S. hozomeen for a winter ascent in the next nine days and loves a fast 24 mile paddle one way, PM. Any other big planned winter failures this season? pitty.gif

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic