Official overseas posters list

Distel32

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wave.gifHey wave.gifhey wave.gifhey what about me???? Right now it is too long of a flight, but damn I would love to go out there. How is their HIV problems out there, if they have any? Misti and I have talk about getting off this continent, we would love to get to some place in the Himalayas, but if that was the case though I would find it difficult to leave. If end some place south though, different story. How long will you be out there?

What about you been getting any rock in over there? I know right now it is colder than hell, but the rubber really sticks in cold conditions and you wouldn't need any chalk. grin.gifgrin.gif Seriously I have seen all your cool landscape photos any rock photos to through into the mix?

lots of rocks...but no car to go there (about 80kms away). Pad/shoes in the states.

I could go out there is a mini-van for pretty cheap, but it is really more of a hassle than anything else. If I had some pads and my shoes it'd be a different story for sure.

PROUD boulders too, most are 15-25ft, with slabs to 45deg.

Yeah they only have like "13 official" cases of HIV, which is probably about 1/4 of what it really is. Prostitution is still a really frustrating problem here. I just watched a live news show titled "Can Mongolians protect their freedom?" I mean at least people are noticing and caring that they are getting screwed over.

Actually I think I can safely say it is becoming spring here, Weekend day temps of -6C and nights of -15C. Another couple of months and it'll be WARM!!!

OPEN INVITATION TO ANYBODY WILLING TO FLY HERE

seriously

Now you call yourself a climber, damn dude how can you leave home without at least your shoes??? I don't go anywhere without them. We found some great horizontal roof problems you would dig, and with my new woodie in the back, I am going to flip some coin for a Rwandan bouldering pad (aka. a foam mattress and a chunk of carpet to throw over the top of it). I am sure it will work pretty good, but it will be a pain in the ass to lug around.

Prostitution is still a really frustrating problem here.

What is that suppose to mean? Not getting enough these days? yellaf.gif

Well I am not climbing as much as I was before (I use to go every weekend). I am lucky if I get out to the cliffs once a month. What I have been doing is a lot of cycling and I am working on building a woodie in the backyard. I ocassionally go to the gym and workout with weights, but that is boring. Right now my biggest weakness is the mind, there is only one way to train that and that is to get out frequently.

Well I have joined the ranks of ex-pats world-wide. My girlfriend moved out here for a job, I followed suit a few months later. I was originally just going to be a house boy, but that was short-lived and I ended up getting a job within two weeks setting up a laboratory for HIV clinical studies. We got maybe another year here, then who know where we will go.