Vantage [TR] You all missed the sun!

Blake

Climbed today for my first time at Vantage. Sunny skies and 45-50 degrees, absolutely beautiful. Took a friend who hadn't really been climbing before, which was great. I was comnfortable in a t-shirt for most of the afternoon. We did 6 or 7 routes at the feathers, mostly whatever looked fun.

I think this is Don Coyote. 4427Don_Coyote.JPG

What's the route to the left, across the gap?

Also an interesting chimney that yielded fun with Shadows.

4427chimney11.JPG

4427vantagechadow.JPG

After a while we headed over to the Sunshine Wall, but only did two routes there. A crack route that felt 5.9? two cracks to the left of ride 'em cowboy was first. This route ended with no chains, so a rightward traverse was needed to reach the anchors. Then we did Ride 'em Cowboy because our rope was already on it. What a fun route! Who knows the name of the thinner crack, 2nd to the left of the rope?

4427Ride-em.JPG

I guess I missed Twin Cracks, probably further to the left, eh? If anyone knows what the name of our climb was, let me know. From the top we had to traverse right to the anchors above 'Cowboy'. We didn't see another soul around. How many days of rain now in Seattle? grin.gif

4427Blake.JPG

4427happy_mistaya.JPG

There was a little snow in the shadowy areas, but not in the sun, and all routes were dry.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The route you did, isn't in Yoder's Second Edition. It looks like an offwidth. The nearest route is F.206'ers M., 5.7.

Well, that wasn't it.. harder than 5.7 and the largest piece i placed was a #1 camalot. It wasn't really worth doing, but the adventurey aspect was fun. I'd say .9 or .10

If you really want to know the name, try looking HERE . What did you do, look for the chossiest piece of crap route on the entire sunshine wall? Just kidding. Next time pick me up on your way. tongue.gif

Hell no man, I'm claiming FA all over that badass route! Actually, I was kinda looking for party in your pants, but oh well.

I can't tell if your serious or not, but I guarntee its not an FA. I suspect it has a name similar in character to Mensturating Whale Snatch or Jerk and Slurp, but I'll have to look it up another day, if you still care to here the name, that is. cheeburga_ron.gif

I was kidding Craig. I still want to know what it's called and rated though.