Found: Beacon - Old Bonatti biner

JosephH

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, thats what I favored for years.

Started with the ovals with blue gates (3000 lb test -most of the blue is gone) to replace my 1800 lb test Eiger Ovals, moved up to the D's with the red gates (4400 lb test most of the red is gone) and wound up with the smaller modified ds, which as the newest Bonattis aren't that old, maybe 20 years or so s they tested to like 5200 lbs or so. Still use them for Toproping.

Yeah, I've seen those "Chamonix Simond" ones before along with the various Bonatti's, but I never cared for the early euro stuff myself, always used Chouinards,they were heavy by comparison; but then I didn't do alpine which everyone liked them for. Found this one the other day when I was out getting the haul line down for the season. Strange, though, it was just sitting there on the first bolt on Young Warriors. I just hopped up in my tennies and grabbed it. Odd spot to leave one...

Probably Opdycke's. He just forgot he needed a partner to belay him, so he tied in, climbed on, and the gear didn't get cleaned.

grin.gifgrin.gif

Seems reasonable. mushsmile.gifmushsmile.gifmushsmile.gifmushsmile.gifmushsmile.gif

Either that or someone went out and in the process of freezing their nards off just backed off and left it.

You guys, and you know who you are, ( and Im not dissing you ) spend way to much time on the internet, and expecialy this site!!!! here here to the flying dutchman!!

Thanks for the heads up Kev, more clues follow: yelrotflmao.gif

RuMR

Dr_Flash_Amazing

Dru

__________________________________________________ yelrotflmao.gif

I would rather be hard core.

Not me. In this weather I'm just pussycore, in front of the fireplace at home, warm. Looking to be @30 degrees and wet, which probably means freezing rain, but most likely not enough to really freeze any waterfalls. Just enough so you can't even drive up to go skiing.

BTW, di you just get sucked in? Dude, I might just forsee your post count heading to 21,000 something. smile.gif