More public land giveaways

Jim

These guys have no shame:

More than 50,000 acres of old mining claims in Washington -- including some inside Mount Rainier, Olympic and North Cascades national parks -- could be converted to private land under legislation expected to pass the U.S. House next week.

The proposal also would open up millions of acres in Washington's national forests -- and more than 350 million acres across the West -- to be newly privatized under a revision of the 1872 Mining Law tucked into a 184-page budget bill.

Critics who have dissected the language of the bill say it would make it easy to use a law passed 133 years ago to speed development of ski resorts, golf courses and the like in the backcountry today.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/248143_mining12.html

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to post this Saturday under Access Issues but no moderator would approve it. It's a shame that important issues like this have to be addressed in Spray.

Do you always have your posts "pre-approved" by the mods?? And why would they not approve it? Easier to ask forgiveness than permission. confused.gif

HERE is where you are not correct re this issue. You cannot ask for forgiveness b/c you cannot post in that forum. You can ONLY ask permission.

BWAAHAAAHAAAA

I tried to post this Saturday under Access Issues but no moderator would approve it. It's a shame that important issues like this have to be addressed in Spray.

Do you always have your posts "pre-approved" by the mods?? And why would they not approve it? Easier to ask forgiveness than permission. confused.gif

HERE is where you are not correct re this issue. You cannot ask for forgiveness b/c you cannot post in that forum. You can ONLY ask permission.

BWAAHAAAHAAAA

You're kinda slow, Arch.

You'll make a good moderator someday. hellno3d.gif

I bdelieve the reason for the access threads restriction, Fairweather, was announced some time back. You apparently missed it. The first post for Access issues and Events appears on the front page. I assume it is set that way because Jon and Tim want to keep the front page clear of trolls, speculation, and other nonsense like uninformed personal attacks.

(It is only the first post to a new thread that has this restriction, as far as I know. And I don't know how the interface works - so I can't tell you how you get a post approved. Whenever someone brings something to my attention like the current mining giveaway thread, all I know how to do is post a couple of quotes from somewhere else.)