Beware of Boulder?

Dechristo

Ha! Well said Bungle. The yuppiazation is a fact of life and I'd rather concentrate on the good things it brings. Boulder is also fairly unique for the fact that it houses a major university unlike the other places mentioned. Also, for those who haven't been here, somebody should probably mention that Boulder is *not* a "mountain town" the likes of Whistler, Jackson, etc... It is right on the edge of the mountains, but you definitely don't feel like you are in the mountains.

Bungle, what are some good places to start exploring the Mummy Range? I have heard they are cool but I have never been in there. How is winter access?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mummy range is cool. We (me and various sundry women)

would always hike up the Lost Lake trail(?) I forget what it's actually called, we always called it the Long Dick trail, as it seemed to take fucking forever to get up to the basin. From there it's obvious where to go. Lost Lake is a beautiful little spot. Another way fun outing is to go up to the end of Wild Basin in the south end of the park, and then cross country it up past Thunder lake. From there it's across some scree/snow, up a gulley or 2, and you're on the divide. Awesome. Just avoid being up there during a thunderstorm, Like I did so very, very often. hellno3d.gif