midafternoon joke break

knotzen

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Note to parents of 4-year olds: do NOT tell them knock-knock jokes. They don't get them. They make up their own. They don't make sense. They laugh hysterically at their own joke. (THAT part is actually funny.) Example of typical 4-year old self-made knock-knock joke:

Knock knock...

...who's there?

Johnny train...

...johnny train who?

Johnny train's the baby in the house!

WTF is that????????

That was funnier than I thought it was going to play out

Knelson Vs Sobo: 23 Love

The swearing was what really put it over the top.

thumbs_up.gif

(Note: I have no fucking clue what "23 Love means" Something to with tennis, right? I was just trying say "tie")

Many ways of saying a tie in tennis...

0-0

15-15

30-30

deuce

...but not 23-love. Just a public service announcement.

That was funnier than I thought it was going to play out

Knelson Vs Sobo: 23 Love

The swearing was what really put it over the top.

thumbs_up.gif

(Note: I have no fucking clue what "23 Love means" Something to with tennis, right? I was just trying say "tie")

Many ways of saying a tie in tennis...

0-0

15-15

30-30

deuce

...but not 23-love. Just a public service announcement.

or advantage all, or love all, but no one but the Brits use the "love all" term anymore.

Yeah, I know, but I found your commentary to be exceedingly humorous, myself being the parent of a 3-year-old with a similar sense of humor as your spawn.

I'm muttering that under my breath all the time around the house now: Where does this kid come up with this stuff? WTF??? yellaf.gif

So, just to be clear, you guys (bunglehead and Dan, prolly others) lurked around out there (hidden in "Who's Online") and waited for me to take this bait? This is fun for you, I take it, yes?

Wait a minute, I thought you were okay with it?

And to be fair, I was actually working for a second.

Besides once I saw you go for it, it seemed like a shame to interrupt it. It played out beautifully. Kids are fucking hilarious. I taught ny girlfriend's kid to say "I gotta drop the kids off at the pool" when he needs to "number 2"

It's pretty funny.

Nah... you just go back to deuce, don't you? It's been a while.

When both players reach "40-40" for the first time in any given game, it is called "deuce." Then one player reaches "advantage." If the other player (the one without the advantage) wins the next point, it used to be called "advantage-all" (back when I played tennis - nowadays I think they just call it deuce again, without the "again" part). If the game continued for two more points (each one obviously won by each player) then the score went back to "deuce." The game ended when one player scored two points in a row after deuce was reached, whether or not it was the first time in that game. That's how I recall it, 30 years on.

So, just to be clear, you guys (bunglehead and Dan, prolly others) lurked around out there (hidden in "Who's Online") and waited for me to take this bait? This is fun for you, I take it, yes?

Wait a minute, I thought you were okay with it?

And to be fair, I was actually working for a second.

Besides once I saw you go for it, it seemed like a shame to interrupt it. It played out beautifully. Kids are fucking hilarious. I taught ny girlfriend's kid to say "I gotta drop the kids off at the pool" when he needs to "number 2"

It's pretty funny.

I'm just funnin' ya! See my post above about being a good sport and butt of many jokes.

And working, yeah...

I'm gonna have to teach my son that one about the pool... yellaf.gif

I'm gonna have to teach my son that one about the pool... yellaf.gif

No no no no no. Now wait just a minute there. Pooping is NOT "dropping the kids off at the pool." It isn't and it never was.

"Dropping the kids off at the pool" is, crazy.gif, well, frown.gif, its masturbating into the toilet! blush.gif

I had a roommate many years ago and she always misused this endearing euphemism. I corrected her, oh yes, I did, but she continued misusing it.

And now, all these years later, here it is again. Well, I'm putting my foot down! mad.gif Use 'dropping the kids off at the pool' correctly, or dont use it at all!