Index Break-in

flyingkiwi1

Three vehicles in the Lower Town Wall lot were broken into this morning. The owner of one of em was on top of Godzilla at the time, his alarm went off, he bellowed, they split. We lost a rope but no more; it appears the alarm and bellow were timely.

One of the bros speculated that meth heads are the likely suspects. However, the 911 operator (himself an Index Climber and SAR member) who took my report told me he had his whole rack stolen from the lot in question, and that his gear showed up on another climber and SAR member at a subsequent rescue. I would like to have heard what happened next but, being a 911 operator, he had to go.

Oh well. We made a few calls, put on our Whos Down in Whoville Ts, and went back to climbing. It was a beautiful day out there.

fk

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that sucks, I've always felt pretty safe from that stuff up till now.

Story about meth heads in Index

I wake up one morning to the sound of a car horn and a guy screaming if anybody was around, turns out me and my buddy(von spanker) had left the doors open on the truck cause we were all fucked up. He told us a meth head came into the General Store all freaked our cause he thought someone had gotten killed or something.

Exercising considerable restraint in not exploring further the connection between realworld mildmannered ___ ____ and his electronic alter ego, the self-convicted rope thief SpecialMethEd.

Seriously, I didn't see the actual thieves, but I heard that they were driving a blue truck. Maybe some of the other bros will chime in.

OK.........this sort of died, and hopefully it was an isolated incident.......but if not:

Please understand, thieves of any flavor are despised by those of us who live here just as much as by those of you who visit......

..........and we'd like to make them very unwelcome

So if there are further issues at the climbers lot, etc. please PM me with whatever detail you can provide.

I can pass on to deputies and assemble an archive of info as well....the whole usefullness of which could be greater than the sum of its parts.