center of gravity test

espirita

wave.gif

I was just talking to some of my coworkers about how females have a lower center of gravity than males (no I don't recall how we got on this subject). Some of them remember a test that involves bending at a 90 degree angle with your head against the wall, and a chair... and because of the different centers of gravity, males could not do it but females could.

Unfortunately no one could remember the specifics of the "test"... so does anyone here know? If I don't find out this is gonna bug me and I REALLY won't be able to get any work done! grin.gif

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

wave.gif

I was just talking to some of my coworkers about how females have a bigger ass than males (no I don't recall how we got on this subject). Some of them remember a test that involves bending at a 90 degree angle with your head against the wall, and a chair... and because of the different centers of gravity, males could not do it but females could.

Unfortunately no one could remember the specifics of the "test"... so does anyone here know? If I don't find out this is gonna bug me and I REALLY won't be able to get any work done! grin.gif

wide load, wide wide load rockband.gif

http://www.nipissingu.ca/education/jeffs/EDUC4234/TLStrategies-Structures_and_Mechanisms-grade7.html

Strand: Structures and MechanismS

Topic: Structural Strength and Stability

Overall Expectation

demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between the effectiveness of structural forms and the forces that act on and within them

Specific Expectation

demonstrate awareness that the position of the centre of gravity of a structure (e.g., bridge, building, tower) determines whether the structure is stable or unstable

Materials

chairs

wall

Procedure

have all the female students stand over a chair with their bodies bent at a 90 degree at the waist and heads against a wall

have students pick the chairs up

have students stand up straight

have male students do the same

the males will have a much harder time picking the chairs up then the females

Scientific Explanation

when children are younger their center of gravity is similar

as they mature, females center of gravity is around the navel and males center of gravity moves higher up the body, closer to the shoulders

because the females center of gravity is in the middle it is easier for them to pick up the chair

the males have a hard time standing up with the chair because their center of gravity is higher on their bodies

This isn't very clear to me, but it seems to be what you're seeking.