Secrets of Enlightenment

Squid

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...bored, so jumping in with both size 13's...

Every human being is in search of freedom -- freedom from worry, freedom from illness, freedom from confusion, freedom from a sense of isolation.

...[sigh] if only the Great Unwashed were as contemplative! In most cases, it's a simple search for pleasure--be it sexual, gustatory, etc.--and the avoidance of pain. Ever been to White Center?

At some point in our lives, the realization dawns upon us that freedom does not come from external situations or circumstance. At this moment, we begin an irreversible inner quest for liberation.

"Stone walls do not a prison make, etc., etc..." Sure, but whom are you describing? Certainly not the vulgar herd! Judging from the rampant, global spread of consumer culture and it's animalistic, grab-with-both-hands ethos, I'd say there are plenty of counterexamples to your claim who've yet to make the realization that "freedom does not come from external situations or circumstance."

-You are not in the world; the world is in you.

...poetry.

-The cause of all suffering is not knowing the true nature of reality.

...come on...this one's clearly not worthy of you...next?

-You are a multi-dimensional being living life simultaneously on many levels

...paging Shirley Mclain...Ms. Mclain, are you there?

-The cosmic mind expresses itself through your individual thoughts.

...eyelids getting heavy now...drifting...drifting...zzzzzzzzzz

-You cannot be truly free as long as you think of yourself as a person.

I agree, but unfortunately, there's no check box on my tax return for "Multi-Dimensional Being."

-The deeper you go, the more power is available to create anything you desire.

Tell me one thing only: how deep do I have to go to create a bag of coke and a sixteen-year-old prostitute? hmmm? smirk.gif

Damn. There I go again. I must remember not to give voice to what every other man is secretly thinking but is to hypochritically puritanical to admit.

Actually, you can relax, ladies...I've never even somked pot, and I'm old enough that the only thing a young prostitute could possibly give me is a quick trip to the E.R.

---cheers.

Here is a challenge. Ask yourself honestly many times: "why do I feel the need to mock these things? why do I feel the need to mock these things? why do I feel the need to mock these things? why do I feel the need to mock these things?"

So I'm confused. Am I supposed to ask myself "why do I feel the need to mock these things?" many times, or... am I supposed to ask myself "why do I feel the need to mock these things? why do I feel the need to mock these things? why do I feel the need to mock these things? why do I feel the need to mock these things?" many times? I want to do it right.

Also...

Have you ever Googled the word "somked?" Wow. hellno3d.gif Talk about a field ripe for the mocking.