Secrets of Enlightenment

Squid

Every human being is in search of freedom -- freedom from worry, freedom from illness, freedom from confusion, freedom from a sense of isolation.

At some point in our lives, the realization dawns upon us that freedom does not come from external situations or circumstance. At this moment, we begin an irreversible inner quest for liberation.

-You are not in the world; the world is in you.

-The cause of all suffering is not knowing the true nature of reality.

-You are a multi-dimensional being living life simultaneously on many levels

-The cosmic mind expresses itself through your individual thoughts.

-You cannot be truly free as long as you think of yourself as a person.

-The deeper you go, the more power is available to create anything you desire.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sort of nonsensical statement makes a mockery of your other assertions. At first you sound as if you seek to promote a Buddhist or Existential world view that human beings, lacking the power to satisfy their own desires, need to free themselves from the vicious cycle of material want. Then you come out with "you can create anything you desire." Right. That sort of rhetoric is right out of multinational corporation marketing pablum.

Wordly satisfaction is not about being able to get anything you want; it's about wanting the things you can actually have, that are worth having.

This sort of nonsensical statement makes a mockery of your other assertions. At first you sound as if you seek to promote a Buddhist or Existential world view that human beings, lacking the power to satisfy their own desires, need to free themselves from the vicious cycle of material want. Then you come out with "you can create anything you desire." Right. That sort of rhetoric is right out of multinational corporation marketing pablum.

Wordly satisfaction is not about being able to get anything you want; it's about wanting the things you can actually have, that are worth having.

Norman. What seems a nonsensical statement to you actually makes a world of sense to me because I have been living it.

right now, this presents a paradox to you. But I promise you, countless beings have witnessed this paradox. Squid referred to power. But maybe its not in the sense you interpret it to be. Power and dominion over others is one thing. Power over your own condition is entirely another. this is what I believe squid refers to. Although I would say that true power arises out of the liberation from desire. This is something I have no esxperiience in. I still desire much, but I have learned how to minimize many of the lesser desires. Its a journey.

This may sound like complete bs to most, but today after my run around greenlake, I decided to stretch and do some tai chi. I've never taken a class or had an instructor. However, I have seen others practice it from afar and have read a little.

After about 10 minutes of stretching, deep, rhythmic breathing, clearing my mind, and finally some simple hand/arm movements, I achieved a trance-like state. I was hyper-aware of my body, its energy centers (or chakras), and their relation to one another. Then, I noticed that I was breathing thru not only my two nostrils, but also my right ear. Very strange and curious.

I then returned to deeper stretching. I was in a sitting position and sometimes on my back. Most of the time, I had my eyes shut. After a while, I noticed my hands and arms were feeling a pull and push. I tried to bring my hands together as effortlessly as possible, but noticed there was a subtle force resisting this. Very carefully, I pushed against this force with my hands until they were joined. Then, I released my effort and my hands returned to my sides, in an outstretched manner. All movement was done paralell to the ground, or horizontally. So gravity was not a factor.

Has anyone else experienced this? It was quite amazing.

Enlightenment is found in a pic-a-nic basket.

yeah, more bullshit.

Then, I noticed that I was breathing thru not only my two nostrils, but also my right ear.
When wind blows through your right ear, a sound as from a conch shell comes out your left ear.

You silly bastards stumble around looking forever in your minds for enlightenment; it's the misplaced eyeglasses that sit on top your heads.

Norman. What seems a nonsensical statement to you actually makes a world of sense to me because I have been living it.

right now, this presents a paradox to you. But I promise you, countless beings have witnessed this paradox. Squid referred to power. But maybe its not in the sense you interpret it to be. Power and dominion over others is one thing. Power over your own condition is entirely another. this is what I believe squid refers to. Although I would say that true power arises out of the liberation from desire. This is something I have no esxperiience in. I still desire much, but I have learned how to minimize many of the lesser desires. Its a journey.

This may sound like complete bs to most, but today after my run around greenlake, I decided to stretch and do some tai chi. I've never taken a class or had an instructor. However, I have seen others practice it from afar and have read a little.

After about 10 minutes of stretching, deep, rhythmic breathing, clearing my mind, and finally some simple hand/arm movements, I achieved a trance-like state. I was hyper-aware of my body, its energy centers (or chakras), and their relation to one another. Then, I noticed that I was breathing thru not only my two nostrils, but also my right ear. Very strange and curious.

I then returned to deeper stretching. I was in a sitting position and sometimes on my back. Most of the time, I had my eyes shut. After a while, I noticed my hands and arms were feeling a pull and push. I tried to bring my hands together as effortlessly as possible, but noticed there was a subtle force resisting this. Very carefully, I pushed against this force with my hands until they were joined. Then, I released my effort and my hands returned to my sides, in an outstretched manner. All movement was done paralell to the ground, or horizontally. So gravity was not a factor.

Has anyone else experienced this? It was quite amazing.

Yes. There is a lot you can do with this, and it is an incredible high. PM me if you are interested in discussing Tai Chi/meditation to achieve this.

Enlightenment is found in a pic-a-nic basket...

You silly bastards stumble around looking forever in your minds for enlightenment; it's the misplaced eyeglasses that sit on top your heads.

Dont mock it till you tried it. I know this stuff sounds very alien and nonsnesical at times.

Mockery is often a manifestation of fear of the unknown. But know that there really is nothing to fear. We cling tightly to our attachments (personal relationships, life, your body, maybe some possessions). You innately must know somewhere that all these things are temporary and transitory. There is nothing wrong with celebrating them while they are here. The problem is that when you cling to them, they end up owning and posessing you. That is the pain of loss. We will all lose these things one day. Might as well come to terms with it now, so it has no dominion over you. Easier said than done to be sure. This is one of my own biggest challenges.

Here is a challenge. Ask yourself honestly many times: "why do I feel the need to mock these things? why do I feel the need to mock these things? why do I feel the need to mock these things? why do I feel the need to mock these things?"

If you do so, the answer will help guide you. Good luck.

It is not just in our minds that we seek enlightenment. The entire body yearns for it. The western social condition assumes that the mind is the only part of the body that has knowledge and power. Sadly, this is only about 1/7th of our selves. Maybe less!

Every climber should know this, whether they acknowledge it is another thing. When you have wired a route, when you climb "in the zone", what is guiding you? Is it your mind? nope. its your body, because your mind is quiet. It may be working with the rest of your body, but its role is very subdued. You dont think your way up a known route.

"You just go up it." But really, its more involved than that. Reflect on this, try to notice the subtle parts of yourself that guide you up a wired route (the longer the better since this allows more time to monitor your "flow"). Notice where you are centered. concentrate on the center where your movement originates from. concentrate on your balance. Think about how you are going against the pull of gravity, yet its pull seems diminished. Notice the rhythm of your breathing. Feel the energy of your body interfacing and flowing into the rock.

the trick is to do this without engaging the active mind. If you awaken it, it will try to take control and you will lose your flow. Here, you need to keep your mind in the role of an observer.

You will likely find a few of the Chakras. Likely the first you will encounter is the one a few inches above the navel.

I would be interested to hear anyone's similar experiences!!!

Cheers!

... but today after my run around greenlake...

You ran around greenlake!?!?!? Here is some advice for your next dance with death:

GEAR TO BRING (IF YOU LIKE LIFE):

helmet!!!****** you are crazy if you would ever consider running around greelake, anytime of year, day, level of conditioning, etc, without a helmet.

thumbs_up.gif

After all, you can't achieve enlightenment with a baby stroller sticking out of your cerebellum!

... but today after my run around greenlake...

You ran around greenlake!?!?!? Here is some advice for your next dance with death:

GEAR TO BRING (IF YOU LIKE LIFE):

helmet!!!****** you are crazy if you would ever consider running around greelake, anytime of year, day, level of conditioning, etc, without a helmet.

thumbs_up.gif

After all, you can't achieve enlightenment with a baby stroller sticking out of your cerebellum!

Actually, I was wearing protective covering. MY ice ax was always at the ready in self-arrest position. i noticed that many of the MILFs with baby strollers were a bit melted out so I steered clear so I would not fall into their deep hole. That would take a SERIOUS rescue effort! This is why I am always wearing protective covering. Just in case smileysex5.gif