Trailside Small Stuff...

zoroastr

Summertime, and a climber's fancy naturally turns to thoughts of massive, grandiose, high-altitude objects. Still, it seems that some of the most memorable things about this season are the humblest in scale...

A bumble on a thistle...

sm1.jpg

Vanity, thy name is "Butterfly..."

sm2.jpg

Outta my way! Free Food!

sm3.jpg

What brings these little guys out in occasional hordes, I can only guess...

sm4.jpg

Cheers... bigdrink.gif

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of berries are those?

Yep, Salmon berries. Not very tasty for my money though, and only in really wet areas.

Though there are ripe Thimbleberries and native Blackberries from the top of the switchbacks all the way to the turn off for Snow Creek wall! fruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif Walking back to the cars took a littl while!

Thanks for the merciful comments on my beginner's photography. I just bought a Canon A510, which has a macro mode. I'm very happy with the results I'm getting both for close-in shots and the wide-angle shots you can make with the software that stitches multiple images together. I sound like an ad for Canon, but I'm happy with the camera. Still, I have to say that the main reason I bought this particular brand was that the model in question was on sale at Fry's for under 150.00, and that I'm sure many other brands are at least as good at this price point.

Anyway, thanks again...:)