STP

mattp

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a killer time! This was my first time riding it, so I didn't know what to expect. Gotta admit, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Came to the conclusion that a lot of people ride the same way they drive: talking on cell phones thumbs_down.gif, slow people in the 'left' lane madgo_ron.gif, and a lot of pretenders pitty.gif.

Pretty much all the people I came across were way cool! thumbs_up.gif Had some good conversations at the finish line, met some hotties smileysex5.gif, hit the beer garden in Centralia bigdrink.gif, then again in Portland. bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Most of the people driving cars were pretty courteous, with the exception for a few the_finger.gif, of course. All in all an awesome experience. Can't wait for next year.

Final stats: 12 hours 13 minutes, 17.6 mph. Lost about 7lbs along the way.

Yeah, the headwinds out of Longview sucked for sure. Damn near 40 miles of sustained climbing with a 5-10 mph head wind takes a lot out of you. Luckily got into a kick ass draft, averaging about 22mph. Made the last few miles fly by!

Edited by Stretch75