London Explosions

Couloir

What got me was the beyotch on the Today show going on and on about how this was a "senseless killing". Seems tone it makes perfect sensse, from the right we are in a war against "terrorism" and killing is what happens in wars. From the left it is just someone striking back for invaiding their homeland and killing their people. Evil maybe, but not senseless.

Wow, what a powerful arguement. Thank you for that insight.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush is using time tested advertising techniques of fear to sell his product. That's why he throws in, what he now uses as a buzz word, "9-11" into every other sentence.

The people that buy it are being doofed.

It does not matter if "9-11" is connected to Iraq or not. Spitting the term out is intended to make us afraid, and when people are afraid, they ususally seek a leader. Then he is standing right there, leading us, and we are following. Classic. This is textbook stuff.

Again, I'm stating the obvious. Carry on.

It's funny that we look back in history and see people being had, all over the place, but for some reason, people don't ususally think it is currently happening.

Wishful thinking? Lack of applied knowledge?

Who knows?

Fact is, if you look back in time, there is always someone being had. Always. How is that any different now?

The trend continues. Being skeptical of the governemnts activities is important and history shows that someone, somewhere is up to no good. It is no good to live a paranoid life, but I think we currently live in a state of paranoia because we feel so out of control of what the government is doing. The wall between us and them seems to be building higher and higher.

History shows that bad things happen to counties where the governemnt slips out of the hands of the people and the leaders are consumed with power. We see it happening to us right now, but since we don't want to be inconviencienced with those thoughts and wish for simple happy lives, we do nothing about it. Thus, our fate is sealed.

How far down the ladder of leadership in either party do you have to go to find a politician in whom idiocy is not the prevailing characteristic?

The answer lays within your statement.

The problem is, we have to find a politicion.

One is not coming forth saying with a strong voice that state they are here to solve our problems. There is noone out there in the spotlight that people think, "this guy IS going to be a good presisent someday."

You know, at least Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Kennedy had some pation and character.

Even though he's not perfect, I think Jesse Ventura is the closest thing to a good leader we've seen in years. Too bad that ended where it did.

My fantasy dream president: Carl Sagan. RIP

It's funny that we look back in history and see people being had, all over the place, but for some reason, people don't ususally think it is currently happening.

True. I have been reading the Civil War Almanac by Commager. The politics during the time of that war and Lincoln were unbelievable, worse that modern day. All the same issues, all the same political parties and players, all the same shit. (Interestingly, of course, was that the Democrats at the time were pro-Slavery.)

These things we gripe about have been around for at least 150 years, if not from the very birth of this nation.

True. I have been reading the Civil War Almanac by Commager. The politics during the time of that war and Lincoln were unbelievable, worse that modern day. All the same issues, all the same political parties and players, all the same shit. (Interestingly, of course, was that the Democrats at the time were pro-Slavery.)

These things we gripe about have been around for at least 150 years, if not from the very birth of this nation.

The Democratic Party at that time was the "white man's party". The Republicans had split from the Whig party and were the movers and the shakers. History class sucks. History books rock--you'll get addicted to them.