Getting tired of ....

Bill_Simpkins

... having our cars being broken into. My truck was broken into yesterday at Heather Meadows. No valuables were in sight. They busted the back hatch off my canopee. I will most likely have to buy a new canopee.

Between me and my wife, we've had our cars broken into four times in the last year. Two of these were at trailheads. I'm getting sick of these weasly cowards.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A local officer told me that don't have the resources to really dig into stuff like this. The thieves know this.

Is it just going to get worse and worse then?

There must be a better way to deal with this.

In Bellingham it's probably a certain group of people that do this regularly. It seems that money would be saved if they just put in some more hours and caught them, then to deal with all the calls and follow-ups.

Additionally, the police know who broke into our car and cleared our accounts a month ago, but they are doing NOTHING about it becaue they don't have the time.

madgo_ron.gif

Anyone have any advice about that?

yes after dealing with the exact same thing, i can give you this advice. you're screwed. the king county sheriff that handled my case gave me the following bit of wisdom. there are so many cases of identity theft/car theft in the area that they could pretty much keep their entire staff busy full time on it.

I thought of doing a stakeout a while ago, but I spent the nice days climbing, not watching parking lots from a bush. However, I have more motives to sit in a bush now.

I would really like to catch someone red-handed then follow them for the rest of the day to annoy the crap out of them.

Do you think that if you handed the cops a couple guys and a bag full of credit cards, they would see fit to make an arrest? Probably not.

I agree, cops may not do anything, but I could annoy the heck out of the theives. Find out where they live, park outside their house. Send pictures and video to the newspaper, stuff like that.

Do you think that if you handed the cops a couple guys and a bag full of credit cards, they would see fit to make an arrest? Probably not.

I agree, cops may not do anything, but I could annoy the heck out of the theives. Find out where they live, park outside their house. Send pictures and video to the newspaper, stuff like that.

...get shot.

...get shot.

I've already been shot.

These people probably have pawned their own guns, if they even have any. I'm not worried.