Tsunami evac

Skeezix

They sounded the siren here in Taholah tonight, and I had to evacuate my family. We drove down to Pacific Beach and then heard them cancel the tsunami warning on the radio. The only thing I grabbed on the way out of the house was my two best guitars.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CRESCENT CITY, Calif. (AP) -- A major earthquake struck about 80 miles off the coast of northern California on Tuesday night, briefly prompting a tsunami warning along the Pacific coast.

The 7.0-magnitude quake struck at about 7:50 p.m. southwest of the coastal community of Crescent City and 300 miles northwest of San Francisco, according to the U.S. Geological Survey Web site.

A tsunami warning was briefly in effect from the California-Mexico border north to Vancouver Island, British Columbia, but was called off about an hour after the quake hit.

I was sitting in a resturant in Arcata. I felt it before others and no one believed me until the lamps started swinging. I looked up at the ocean wondering about a tsunami. Ordered another glass of wine to wait it out.

How stylish...except...

You can't see the ocean from Arcata.

Humboldt Bay maybe.

I was sitting in a resturant in Arcata. I felt it before others and no one believed me until the lamps started swinging. I looked up at the ocean wondering about a tsunami. Ordered another glass of wine to wait it out.

Hmmm, next time you might consider blowing up your water wings while softly humming "Nearer my God to Thee" as you calmly wait for that glass of wine. grin.gif