Urban Exploration

tivoli_mike

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Padden Creek Tunnel

140paddentunnel1.jpg

Built in 1897 to drain the area between I-5 and Fairhaven. Entrance is near 23rd and Fairhaven Parkway. Exits into Fairhaven Park. About 2/3rds of a mile long, winding all around the Happy Valley neighborhood.

Sections of the Letter Streets and further north are built atop abandoned coal mines (one of the original industries in B'ham). Evidently there is a major entrance somewhere near Northwest Avenue that was blocked off in the 50's after a few kids died in it.

wow..and they are BRAVE!! posting ones work e-mail and all!!

I've climbed for two years in Jersey (NJRG) but took the last six months off due to shoulder surgery. Now need a new partner for some city climbing. Weekdays afterwork - anydays but Fridays. I was climbing 5.9s and bouldering V3s. Now I expect to be somewhat behind that but to return (and pass it) over a relatively short time.

I'm 29 year old professional female - happy to climb with men or women. Reply to post or email me at leah.m.samit@irscounsel.treas.gov