From J-B's Gospel..

Peter_Puget

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad you weren't the same skeptic back when Clinton and Ron Brown were selling missile staging technology to the Chinese for campaign ca$h. Or bombing the Chinese embassy in Belgrade. Or killing refugees in convoys. Or civilians on commuter trains. Or janitors in aspirin factories. Or children in goofy religious compounds. Or when Terri McAlluf, DNC chair, made a cool 18 million on Global Crossing stock just before they went under......

Your indignation remains curiously selective. This, no doubt, because you were too busy picking those research dollars up off the floor that your man was tossing out like chump change.

They all took heroic action to line their own pockets and destroy democracy by killing their political rivals too. Fuck em. I hope they imprison that frail old Pinochet in the dirtiest shit hole prison they have.

Compare the death toll of the dissappeared to the ongoing misery in Colombia where decisive action wasn't taken in time. Of course I'm taking the humanity out of the equation, but it makes for an interesting 'what if'.

Compare the death toll of the dissappeared to the ongoing misery in Colombia where decisive action wasn't taken in time. Of course I'm taking the humanity out of the equation, but it makes for an interesting 'what if'.

If you ignore the role of narcotics in financing the terror.

How do you know what I've been a skeptic of? I've always been critical of administrations. How can you not be critical of any politician as soon as they open their mouth? It's also what makes me a registered independent and not a member of a political party. All of them make me too ill to want to be an actual member.

How can you not be critical of any politician as soon as they open their mouth? It's also what makes me a registered independent and not a member of a political party. All of them make me too ill to want to be an actual member.

Exactly. And election time is about sniffing two piles of shit and deciding which smells better to you.

Different countries use different definitions of a "live birth." The United States uses the guidelines from WHO's International Classification of Diseases. Here, all infants evidencing any signs of life are considered live. There were 24,000 infants weighing less than 1 kilogram at birth in 1988. Such babies have poor survival rates.

Switzerland, for example, defines infants as living only if they are at least 30 centimeters long at birth. It does not include 1 kilogram babies. Countries may also underreport infant deaths. According to Eberstadt, "In Australia, Canada, and the United States, more than a third of all infant deaths take place on the first day; in Sweden and Japan, where infant mortality rates are currently lowest, such deaths account for about a quarter of the total."

Medical care quality makes a big difference when it comes to survival rates of infants with low birthweights, and by birthweight, U.S. medical care shines. "By comparison with other Western societies enjoying especially low rates of infant mortality, U.S. babies at any given birthweight appear to have unusually good chances of surviving the perinatal period, regardless of race."

link

Ran across this today and thougth I'd post it here....just another brick in the......

bigdrink.gif