Scarpa Alpha sizing

tlinn

Can an owner of a Scarpa Alpha tell me how closely they fit compared to a street shoe? I'd like to get a pair off the net but sizing is definetely an issue.

I might just order them and send them back if they don't fit but it would be nice to estimate a ballpark size. I'm an 11.5 US street shoe.

Thanks

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Alphas and wear the same size in them as my Adidas or FiveTen street shoe. I have a low volume foot, narrow heel. With superfeet insoles and a very thin liner+smartwool mtneer socks, they are a perfect fit. With the stock insoles, they are a little more roomy (if you have a high volume foot, you would probably find them snug if using thick aftermarket insoles).

One thing though, mine are from before they switched the inner boot to thermofits. I don't know how that altered the fit, if at all.

Good boots, I like em.

That's very good news seen as how the only ones they have left are the same as my street shoe size!

I have a really narrow foot so I'm glad to hear that they're a low volume boot. I'll probably call around Vancouver and see if any of the stores have a pair I can try on just to be safe.

Thanks!

I wear an 11.5 street and my Alphas are 10.5!! I tried on at least 3 different sizes at the store and that is what fit me. I have the newer version with the thermafit liners. I assume that is what you are ordering? The shell size on the outside of the shell says 10.5-11. The liner size is 29.5 (ski boot sizing). The way the shells work is a 10.5-11 shell accomodates a 29.0 and 29.5 (or is it 29.5 and 30.0?) liner. I don't know if this helps or complicates things for you. I have a wide foot and small arch.

Well, I'll check again when I get home. send me a PM to remind me. I suppose the size printed on the side of the shell *could* be UK sizing but that wouldn't really make any sense. Either Italian or US sizing would make since. I have the box at home and I'll check. I'm not sure what the 29.5 size printed on the liner means, I just know my Salomon downhill ski boots are a size 29.5 too.

I wear 11.5 street shoes, and own 12's in the Scarpa Alpha's. Perfect fit. This is with Smartwool Mountaineering socks with liners.

I love the fit on these boots. I've tried Koflach's, Lowa's, and Vasque ICE 9000's. The Alpha's are the only ones to fit my wide feet. I'm selling my Vasque ICE 9000's by the way, size 12 brand new.

Well JRCO took a shot based on the above posts. STP had only 11 and 11.5 (US)Alphas left. I wear 10 street shoes. Used online 20% discount (32905) and answered the trivia question for free shipping (USS Nautilus). Alphas cost a total of $119.

Well JRCO took a shot based on the above posts. STP had only 11 and 11.5 (US)Alphas left. I wear 10 street shoes. Used online 20% discount (32905) and answered the trivia question for free shipping (USS Nautilus). Alphas cost a total of $119.

That's cheap thumbs_up.gif sweet.

My Alphas came in the mail yesterday. I order size 10(UK). I wear size 10(US) street shoe. The fit pretty darn well. Even though I ordered 10(UK), the shell says 9.5-10(UK). The 9.5-10(UK) might be a good option for someone who wears size 10(US).

I put the answer in the comment box. The free shipping did not show up when I completed in the order but about 5 minutes later I received an email from customer service saying they creditted my account. As far as the 20% coupon being valid, I think it ended on April 3rd. Check out www.flamingoworld.com for a list of online coupons for STP and other outdoor stores.

I ordered the 10.5 UK from STP...hoping it won't be too small. Didn't get the 20% off, but still a good deal. There's a 5% discount for first time orders.

A note on Canada Customs: no duty after 48 hours on up to 200 dollars of stuff...so ship them south, go on a mountaineering trip and then bring them back. thumbs_up.gif

I'll be picking them up in Seattle in a few weeks. Thanks for the help. bigdrink.gif