sno-crick wall

bobbyperu

is in fine shape...

-trail mostly snow-free.

-climbers path to the base has sno near the creek, and a little ways up in the talus.

-pretty much everything looked dry, or mostly dry.

-orbit was completly dry. and kicks ass!

-no snow atop the crag.

-no snow on the descent.

-yes there are ticks, but if you don't stop and "party" in the dirt with them, they are easy to flick off before they dig-in.

bigdrink.gifthumbs_up.gif

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

these ticks are easy to spot, compared to these on east coast and in europe- they are much, much smaller. during tick season i have a change of cloths in the car, so when i get back i strip everything, change all my cloths, put the climbing cloths into a plastic bag, sinch it and wash when i get back. getting rocky mountain spoted fever is no fun

word... dan and myself were on constant patrol...checking ourselves and eachother frequently...we noticed having light colored clothes helps, short hair is good, and the change of clothes key. they seem to dig some of the ledges on orgit as i gave a few the fling from high up.

i thought it would be worse actually...but they're tolerable and the climbing altho raining lightly in the canyon was stellar t-shirt weather, and not a soul around, not even the piss-lickers confused.gif

all god talk aside...i don't really need any divine motivation to climb at index...been there a ton recently, just wanted to see a buddy, and climb in his backyard. theres a little saying i like for situations as such...variety is the spice of life!

oh and at index you can trade ticks for mosquitos...pick yer poison i guess...neither is gonna wreck my experience.