first ascent in UW physics lab

skykilo

Sometimes teaching physics labs can be tedious, especially if the students are being peculiarly self-sufficient. I used my leisurely time to eye a nice route up the seven-feet-tall cabinets where they meet the wall. I managed to free solo the route. I will call it 'Sky's distraction.' I hope no one asks about those marks on the wall. Any one seen any other worthwhile routes at the UW physics building? I might try climbing the peanut in the courtyard next.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it has been done. Or this may be a Seattle urban legend. It would require stemming up a four-foot wide (or thereabouts) chimney for that 100 feet. No chance for placing pro, though. Not something I would do, for certain. [MR T]

[ 11-04-2002, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: klenke ]

Try this: http://www.washington.edu/cambots/cambot3.mpg (this shows the towers in a video). I'm thinking it would be more than a rope-length to rappel off of (60m rope divided by 2 to double for rappel). I'm sure the towers have got gratings on the top with which to set up an anchor.

Sky: your story about the guy getting halfway up sounds familiar.