parking pass at the coulee

leejams

I went and shot some guns today. I still really don't like handguns, but the rifle was pretty fun. Don't think I'll be buying an NRA sticker for the Soobie, but at least I can say I've fired one of them thingies now.

Had kind of a fun rednecky feel to it. Felt very, uh, AHMUUUriCun. [Wink]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I was amazed at how scary the handgun was. No safety lock, very small and light, and not as easy to hit a target with as the rifle.

It would be really easy to shoot someone with one of those things! That may sound like a no-brainer, but this is the first time I've ever handled a loaded gun of any sort, as it's not something I tend to come across in everyday life.

[ 10-27-2002, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: allison ]

yes, firearms innude the bearer with leathal force, easily unleashed, Allison. they make it very easy for a person in a domestic argument to act out their aggressions in a immediate, detached, often fatal way- the most common type of firearm death in America- sad [Frown]

Trask-

You know as well as I do that the otehr board board is relatively spray-free, and I believe a lot of people there would like to keep it that way. Please find another website to pick on. [Roll Eyes]

Beck-

Oh, crap, this thread is going to go all crazy-like now. Watch out for verbal shrapnel! [Eek!]

for people interested in finding out more about climbers' access issues at Vantage should take a look at FrenchmansCouleeClimbersCoalition, you can subscribe for email roundrobin type updates on the current climbing access issues there...

BTW, Allison, the things I stated about guns are sad but true facts, one any NRA member will shed a tear over, if it's within their emotional capacity.